Windows 10: Problem of external harddisk

Discus and support Problem of external harddisk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG] I have external hard disk wd..I have problem to transfer from my external hard disk to laptop.it too slow to transfer data..it takes 3 hours to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by syarazak, Nov 24, 2018.

1. syarazak Win User

Problem of external harddisk

Problem of external harddisk [​IMG] I have external hard disk wd..I have problem to transfer from my external hard disk to laptop.it too slow to transfer data..it takes 3 hours to transfer 2gb only..I already chkdsk but have error at examining file name linkage..how to solve my problem..thank you

:)

syarazak, Nov 24, 2018
  2. meterV Win User

Problem accessing my external harddisk Iomega HDD

Hi,

my friend has the same problem with this external harddisk on her windows 10 pc

Other hard disks don't have the problem only my Iomega HDD

meterV, Nov 24, 2018
  3. meterV Win User

My friend has the same problem with this external harddisk on her windows 10 pc, so the problem can't be connected to my pc.

Though it both are Asus pc's.

When you know that, are all proposed solutions still relevant?

meterV, Nov 24, 2018
  4. meterV Win User

that works sometimes when I stop the external harddisk afterwards and plug it in again. So sometimes I have to uninstall it a second time.

After reboot it doesn't work anymore

But the good new is it works sometimes...

meterV, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem of external harddisk - Similar Threads - Problem external harddisk

2. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  3. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  4. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Access to an external harddisk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access to an external harddisk: I am trying to access my external harddisk. I get the following message: Location is not available D: is not accessible Access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-an-external-harddisk/524318e6-229a-4616-827c-8ad132e5817a
  6. External Harddisk

External Harddisk: Hello guys! Please help me with this, I will try my best at explaining the problem. First of all, I have a Seagate expansion hard disk 1TB HDD in which I have really important files. And it worked perfectly until 1 hour ago, when it was plugged in the computer USB port works...
  7. External harddisks can not be renamed

External harddisks can not be renamed: Hello, I use many external harddisks. No problem in W7, after upgrade also no problem in W10. But now, all of a sudden, the given names/labels are not displayed anymore. They get generic names/labels like Local Drive (H). Renaming them within W10 does not help. Nor do...
  8. External harddisks can not be renamed

in Windows 10 Support
    External harddisks can not be renamed: Hello, I use many external harddisks. No problem in W7, after upgrade also no problem in W10. But now, all of a sudden, the given names/labels are not displayed anymore. They get generic names/labels like Local Drive (H). Renaming them within W10 does not help. Nor do...
  9. Taking backup on External Harddisk

Taking backup on External Harddisk: I need to take back-up from Laptop (where Encryption bit locker is enabled) to External hard disk. When I connect my External hard disk, Win 10 OS is asking me to enable Encryption without which OS will not allow me to copy the data. Pls can you let me know if I enable...
  10. Problem accessing my external harddisk Iomega HDD

Problem accessing my external harddisk Iomega HDD: My harddisk Iomega HDD seems to connect to a drive, and I see folders, but when I click on the folders, I can't access it. It seems a Windows 10 problem. Have it after the latest update. No problem on windows 7 This is the error I see in device manager: Device...