Windows 10: Problem of Restoring Factory Setting for Windows 10

Discus and support Problem of Restoring Factory Setting for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to restore my Windows laptop to factory setting, but even when I selected the clean the drive option, still some settings remained unchanged.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mawenchen, Feb 3, 2019.

1. mawenchen Win User

Problem of Restoring Factory Setting for Windows 10

I tried to restore my Windows laptop to factory setting, but even when I selected the clean the drive option, still some settings remained unchanged.

Such as, the input methods I added were still there. The desktop wallpaper, which I set as a solid color, were still there, as well as the theme color.

Is that normal? Or is there another way to literally restore everything to factory setting?

Thank you.

:)

mawenchen, Feb 3, 2019

2. How to restore factory settings

Hi Brian,

I suggest you to perform Restore factory settings, it will automatically delete all the details and the setting will be restore default a new. Click on the article how to perform Restore factory settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: It is recommended to take a Backup of all your files before performing Restore factory settings, it will wipe out all the data.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 3, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Feb 3, 2019
  4. dorsetlad Win User

How to restore factory settings

Sorry,as stated in my original post, i am unable to restore to factory settings since upgrading to Windows 10,because the Windows 8.1 restore information has gone. That was the essence of my query. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Brian

dorsetlad, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem of Restoring Factory Setting for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Restoring Factory

2. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  3. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  4. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Factory restore problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory restore problem: Hi, I'm trying to make a hard reset on my windows tablet. It's a Spring 8, by Hexa. I have chosen the option in the menu, but now when I turn it on, after the HEXA logo appears on screen, all I get is a black screen, for hours. When I touch this screen, something like a mouse...
  6. Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings

Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings: <p>Hi, </p><p>My laptop Windows 10 came up with a notice out of nowhere saying that there was a boot configuration problem. I restored the laptop to factory settings as it wouldn't let me back up any of my files.</p><p>Since doing this my laptop has been having some issues...
  7. restore to factory setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore to factory setting: I want to clean off all personal info and photos so I can give away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/8a2f17d0-0d42-44ea-88b8-0c220f939493"
  8. Restore to factory setting

Restore to factory setting: How to restore factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/71ba4664-24a5-4be5-9cfd-2d912ea781d7
  9. Restore to Factory setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore to Factory setting: I decided to restore laptop lenovo ideapad since it was running slow but it said there was a problem and nothing changed. I then clicked on startup repair and it said it was something about strttrail so i end up doing command and putting it ‘chkdisk /r /f c:’ and the problem...
  10. Restore to factory settings

Restore to factory settings: Hi I want to restore my pc to factory settings since I someone got signed in as a temporary user. I've tried many solutions to fix it but no luck. So my last option may only be to do factory reset. But here again...another problem. When I go into recovery I don't have the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i try to factory reset dell computer with windows 10 it says newer version available