Windows 10: Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

Discus and support Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Xsmash93, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Xsmash93 Win User

Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on Windows and my HDD displayed as a RAW partition on disk managment.I tried chkdsk on CMD as admin but it says me that it is a ntfs partition, he doesn't have right to modify it.How can I convert it in NTFS without losing my datas?I can't buy any paid softwareThanks.

:)

Xsmash93, Dec 3, 2021
  2. tf2029 Win User

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Converting a RAW drive back to ntfs

I have an external USB drive which has changed to a RAW drive from an NTFS drive, so Windows cannot access the drive. I have tried suggestions made on the Community website, so far non have worked, due to the fact I thing that the suggestions made are not
    up to date as far as Windows 10 is concerned.

My Windows 10 is up to date, (October 2018).

Could yo please suggests something that works for the current version of Windows 10?

michaelbickley, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

Converting a RAW drive back to ntfs

This should work for you - How to fix external hard drive from RAW to NTFS in Windows 10/8/7?

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/how-to-...

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Vijay_Verma, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

1. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS - Similar Threads - Problem extern hard

2. Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS: I recently received a new SSD and installed it into my system. I tried to format it into NTFS, which turned into the RAW format. When I try to reformat the drive in the Disk Management tool it says," The format did not complete successfully." I looked up some tutorials on...
  3. Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS: I recently received a new SSD and installed it into my system. I tried to format it into NTFS, which turned into the RAW format. When I try to reformat the drive in the Disk Management tool it says," The format did not complete successfully." I looked up some tutorials on...
  4. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS: Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on Windows and my HDD displayed as a RAW partition on disk managment.I tried chkdsk on CMD as admin but it says me that it is a...
  5. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS: Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on Windows and my HDD displayed as a RAW partition on disk managment.I tried chkdsk on CMD as admin but it says me that it is a...
  6. Hard drive changes from ntfs to raw during format

Hard drive changes from ntfs to raw during format: I have a 1 TB hard drive. It is in ntfs format. If I do a quick format the drive stays as NTFS. If I turn off the quick format, the drive changes to RAW and the format fails. Should I only do the quick format or is their someting wrong with the drive? 182775
  7. External Hard Drive becomes RAW for no reason

External Hard Drive becomes RAW for no reason: Hello. I have been trying to move the files form my internal hard drive to a external 4 TB West Drive Passport. While copying files (more than 20 Gb of data) the transfer freezes and the external drive becomes RAW. I have tryied formatting the disk and repeating the process...
  8. NTFS Hard drive crashed and is now RAW - HELP PLEASE

NTFS Hard drive crashed and is now RAW - HELP PLEASE: Windows 10, ver 1909 (os Build 18363.778) HP ENVY 17 2x SSDs, disk 0(Crucial 2TB) is my main SSD and disk 1(Generic 1TB) is for data only I messed up big time trying to over-partition my SSD and now I get BSOD and upon looking in CMD DISKPART i see that two partitions, one...
  9. Converting a RAW drive back to ntfs

Converting a RAW drive back to ntfs: I have an external USB drive which has changed to a RAW drive from an NTFS drive, so Windows cannot access the drive. I have tried suggestions made on the Community website, so far non have worked, due to the fact I thing that the suggestions made are not up to date as far as...
  10. Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?

Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?: My toshiba 1tb external hard drive currently says it is a raw file system and i cant seem to format it no matter what i do. I dont care for what is inside (only one word file) but i just want to be able to use it again. Is there anyway i can format the HDD and make it usable...