Windows 10: Problem on top of problem

Discus and support Problem on top of problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I start my computer it will take me to my login screen but when i try to press anything the screen goes black with just a cursor. So i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Senseico, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Senseico Win User

Problem on top of problem

Whenever I start my computer it will take me to my login screen but when i try to press anything the screen goes black with just a cursor. So i tried fixing the problem by going into windows safe mode but when i enter it takes around 5 minutes to load it and when it does load i get a dwm.exe system error message that states "Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005 - unexpected parameters” while this is on my screen i cant click off of it, make it go away, or use safe mode so i’m just stuck at this point without a solution

:)

Senseico, Aug 9, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Scavar Win User

8800GTS problems.

Seems pretty strange to me. I have a standard 8800GTS, the only problem I get is the BSOD nv4_disp.dll thing, which in my case I think is linked to heat on other parts of the video card.

I would suggest completely removing the drivers using Driver Cleaner, and install the ones that came with the card first. If the problem continues, remove again, try the newest drivers. If it still happens, underclock the card and try the same steps. In the end, talk to EVGA and see what they tell you.

Scavar, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Problem on top of problem - Similar Threads - Problem top problem

2. Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem: Hi everyone, I have had a problem with my task bar in Windows 11 ever since I moved it to the top. I have two problems. First is the Wi-Fi logo, and the application in the taskbar won't pop out when I hover my mouse. If I click on the Wi-Fi button from the task bar, it pops...
  3. Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem: Hi everyone, I have had a problem with my task bar in Windows 11 ever since I moved it to the top. I have two problems. First is the Wi-Fi logo, and the application in the taskbar won't pop out when I hover my mouse. If I click on the Wi-Fi button from the task bar, it pops...
  4. Problem on top of problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem on top of problem: Whenever I start my computer it will take me to my login screen but when i try to press anything the screen goes black with just a cursor. So i tried fixing the problem by going into windows safe mode but when i enter it takes around 5 minutes to load it and when it does load...
  5. Problem on top of problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem on top of problem: Whenever I start my computer it will take me to my login screen but when i try to press anything the screen goes black with just a cursor. So i tried fixing the problem by going into windows safe mode but when i enter it takes around 5 minutes to load it and when it does load...
  6. Desk Top Preview Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desk Top Preview Problem: On numerous occasions when I hover my mouse over the taskbar I do not get a preview window. This happens after my computer has been running for varying lengths of time. The only thing that restores that function is a re-boot. Is there another way to get the preview windows...
  7. Google Top Stories not loading Microsoft Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Top Stories not loading Microsoft Problem: So i have been having this problem for a couple of months, my google top stories doesn't load and it seems blank when i open them. At first when I type in the and search up the site, I could view the top stories for a couple of seconds, and then they just vanish. I haven't...
  8. Remote Desk top connection problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desk top connection problem: I have three desktop computers connected to my wired LAN and in the same network group. They are all connected to one keyboard, mouse, and screen via 4 port KVM switch. Today, I tried to set up Remote Desktop access on all three computers, so I could also access/run each...
  9. Desk top display problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desk top display problem: I have about 1 account saved to my desktop and chats from the internet that are open and running on my background in a semi transparent manner and I can not close them. Shutting down the computer will not even remove them...
  10. problems with lap top HP compaq 610

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with lap top HP compaq 610: I can put up Windows 10 on my lap top. And got these messeges: - Error code 0x000000001 - System thread exception not handled - PC ran into a problem and needs to be restart. W“ll restart for you. - 1720- Smartdrive detects imminent...