Windows 10: Problem on Windows 10 Boot-Up.

Discus and support Problem on Windows 10 Boot-Up. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ever since switching to Windows 10, I can not boot-up properly. Whenever i have a cold boot-up, I will get the Windows 10 insignia with loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDISBETTER, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Problem on Windows 10 Boot-Up.

Ever since switching to Windows 10, I can not boot-up properly.
    Whenever i have a cold boot-up, I will get the Windows 10 insignia with loading circle. Then, I will get a black screen, and my screen will completely turn off and not detect my computer whatsoever. If i try to shutdown my computer, whether it be a single press or holding it, it will not do anything. I have to completely unplug my computer. What's weird is that once i try booting up after that, everything is normal (except it is a little bit slow.) I try to change the boot-up in msconfig, but it always resets itself to selective boot-up.
    Thanks for the help in advance.

Also, I had Windows 7 before updating and it booted flawlessly.

:)

AMDISBETTER, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Aug 1, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Boot Up Problems

Start your System, then just after the Manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button down for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Do this Twice

On the third boot attempt, Windows will boot into the Windows 10 Repair Environment, from there you can access Startup Recovery, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - System Restore, see if you have a recent restore point you can revert to

If you do not have a recent restore point, go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Startup Settings, click restart.

Upon restart press 4 to boot into Safe Mode, if you can get into Safe Mode, backup your data, reboot and see if your system boots normally

If all this fails go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC, choose to keep all your files and Apps

This will re-install Windows 10 whilst keeping your data and applications

DaveM121, Aug 1, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Problem on Windows 10 Boot-Up.

If 're experienced enough with computers, can open up r PC and remove the dedicated graphics card then plug the monitor into r motherboard and try to boot? If don't have dedicated graphics or don't think that it would be a good idea for to mess with r computer, ignore this comment.

5. I have a custom built computer, so I can do that.

AMDISBETTER, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Connected using VGA directly to the motherboard. Flawless boot-up. It also seemed like the boot-up time was cut in half. I'm a little skeptical since it wasn't a cold boot-up, so I'll make sure to test it again in the morning.
    Thank you for help.

AMDISBETTER, Aug 1, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    r welcome! I was thinking that it had to do with the graphics card because there was no signal to the monitor at all.

8. Problem on Windows 10 Boot-Up.

Problem is still persisting. When i booted-up on the VGA connection, the screen was flashing a bunch of colors and then my computer yet again couldn't detect my monitor and i couldn't shut it off by the power button.

AMDISBETTER, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problem on Windows 10 Boot-Up.

1. Problem on Windows 10 Boot-Up. - Similar Threads - Problem Boot

2. boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot problem: i have hp pavilion all in one desktop and since i reset it have start up problems. Flashes error than boots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem/e2d9e3e7-2db6-4b5f-896b-3b195c2003a6
  3. boot problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot problem: i have hp pavilion all in one desktop and since i reset it have start up problems. Flashes error than boots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem/e2d9e3e7-2db6-4b5f-896b-3b195c2003a6
  4. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  5. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  6. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  7. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  8. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

9. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  10. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...