Windows 10: problem on windows explorer

Discus and support problem on windows explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hiI have a very strange phenomenon in win 11 In many cases mostly in music folders. The window opens and displays a list of files, then the files start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yakov Markowitz, Jun 24, 2022.

1. problem on windows explorer

hiI have a very strange phenomenon in win 11 In many cases mostly in music folders. The window opens and displays a list of files, then the files start to disappear for me one after the other until it reaches the end of the list and then all the files are shown to me again. Has anyone encountered this phenomenon?thanks

:)

Yakov Markowitz, Jun 24, 2022

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 24, 2022
  4. jsmin Win User

problem on windows explorer

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

problem on windows explorer

1. problem on windows explorer - Similar Threads - problem explorer

2. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  3. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  4. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?: Sometime in the last month or two, File Explorer in Win 11 went from auto sorting as you made changes to files in a window, to only properly sorting the window if you leave it and then return. Another changed seems to be that you no longer can use the path bar to move files...
  6. Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?

Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?: Sometime in the last month or two, File Explorer in Win 11 went from auto sorting as you made changes to files in a window, to only properly sorting the window if you leave it and then return. Another changed seems to be that you no longer can use the path bar to move files...
  7. Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.

Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.: I have a problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer in one set of images, where I want sequential numbers.I select all, then in first image name, right select and then choose rename, and replace the name with 01 and hit return. It then names them 01, 01, 2, 2,...
  8. Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.: I have a problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer in one set of images, where I want sequential numbers.I select all, then in first image name, right select and then choose rename, and replace the name with 01 and hit return. It then names them 01, 01, 2, 2,...
  9. "Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5030219" Causes Problem on File Explorer...

"Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5030219" Causes Problem on File Explorer...: I Uninstalled the update mensioned above and the problem ceased to exist, but windows Installed the update again without any nottice so the problem came back. I Uninstalled the update once again, and I paused windows updates on my computer from settings, and the problem is...
  10. "Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5030219" Causes Problem on File Explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5030219" Causes Problem on File Explorer...: I Uninstalled the update mensioned above and the problem ceased to exist, but windows Installed the update again without any nottice so the problem came back. I Uninstalled the update once again, and I paused windows updates on my computer from settings, and the problem is...