Windows 10: Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote

Discus and support Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello all, did some searching for this here and online and came to some solutions close to what I am experiencing, but not on target and would... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Aemon, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Aemon Win User

Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote

Hello all, did some searching for this here and online and came to some solutions close to what I am experiencing, but not on target and would appreciate some help.

I have downloaded a OneNote file that I would like to open and am having trouble with it. Every time I try I get the message:

"Currently you can only create notebooks on OneDrive. Activate Office 360 subscription for more notebook options."

The file is a 'Microsoft OneNote Single File Package' and I have tried to open it in OneNote 2016, the Windows 10 app, and online. I tried uploading the files to my OneDrive, but am unable to open them in any way.

My work gives me access to the Microsoft products I believe and I am logged into my work account on all programs and online. On OneNote 2016 it says that my product is activated.

I am new to the newer version of Microsoft programs and have not used OneDrive or OneNote before. I'd appreciate any guidance you can give! Thanks!

**Edit: I figured this out with a bit more playing around. I had downloaded the wrong version of the program from my company. My apologies!

:)

Aemon, Mar 16, 2018

2. Problem opening Skydrive OneNote file on Windows Phone

I'm getting the same error under the same circumstances. I tried resetting Office in the Windows Phone 7.5 settings screen, but it did not resolve the problem.

Kevin Lutz, Mar 16, 2018
  3. Entegy Win User
    Problem opening Skydrive OneNote file on Windows Phone

Try resetting the Office Hub in Settings>swipe left to applications>Office. WARNING this will delete any Office documents stored on the phone and not in SkyDrive.

Then, try downloading the notebook through the Office Hub again.

Entegy, Mar 16, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Please mark this thread solved (check the green checkmark in the button for this thread at the top of the window) so others can benefit from your insight, and the solution you found. TIA,
    --Ed--

PS: looks like this: ​
    Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote [​IMG]

EdTittel, Mar 16, 2018
  5. Aemon Win User
    Thanks for the help with that!

Aemon, Mar 16, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    You're welcome. Over time, the local GUI will feel like second nature. Keep up the good work!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote - Similar Threads - Problem Opening Downloaded

2. File download problem or download problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File download problem or download problem: Hello there,I am using windows 11 version and I am facing issue of file downloading,I can't download any file or any application My updates are up to date,like I can't download any file from WhatsApp windows version,and can't download any application from epic games launcher,...
  3. File download problem or download problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File download problem or download problem: Hello there,I am using windows 11 version and I am facing issue of file downloading,I can't download any file or any application My updates are up to date,like I can't download any file from WhatsApp windows version,and can't download any application from epic games launcher,...
  4. Onenote problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onenote problems: Hi! I'm planning to buy a pentab to use it in my onenote for making digital notes. So I decided to practice writing first in onenote using my mouse. However, onenote crashes whenever I try to draw or make random notes. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalled one provided by...
  5. Problem with Opening Downloaded Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Opening Downloaded Files: I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad that's about seven years old. I recently updated it to Windows 10. When I try to run a downloaded file, it won't open. Can anyone help me?...
  6. OneNote does not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote does not open: After the last Windows 10 update I discovered that OneNote did not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onenote-does-not-open/1fe7bbd0-baba-446d-8eb6-69fd87a6f060
  7. Problem with opening any documents or downloaded files

Problem with opening any documents or downloaded files: I am running Windows 10 and have done all the updates per schedule. I accessed an Excel file on June 7th, turned the computer off as we were gone for 2 days and now when I got back on June 9th, I get an error message on all document files and downloaded files - "Windows...
  8. Problem opening downloaded files

Problem opening downloaded files: Cannot open or save any downloaded file or email attachment. Files seem to download OK but when I click open or save I get an error message that says a virus has been detected and file is deleted....
  9. onenote sync problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    onenote sync problems: I have a sync problem with onenote. I have a section called diary which is password protected. There are about forty pages in the diary and eleven of them are now starting to report "Content not available. Sorry, it looks as if this page was added from another computer and...
  10. Onenote won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onenote won't open: When I push the icon to open Onenote on my windows phone either the screen goes black for half a second before taking me back to the previous screen, or else it takes me to the Onenote app in the Store where it says (already) installed. Clicking open here does the same as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with downloaded onenote notebook file