Windows 10: Problem opening certain applications.

Discus and support Problem opening certain applications. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, something has happened on my computer which has prevented me from opening certain applications such as Snipping Tool and the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZakHacks, Feb 24, 2021.

1. ZakHacks Win User

Problem opening certain applications.

Recently, something has happened on my computer which has prevented me from opening certain applications such as Snipping Tool and the Windows Installer which is used to download other apps. It opens, works for a few seconds, freezes then closes. Does anybody have a fix for this?

:)

ZakHacks, Feb 24, 2021
  2. R-T-B Win User

Can someone just open a W10 support.

As a suggestion, it would be kinda cool if we could exclude certain thread categories from the "recent threads" list.

R-T-B, Feb 24, 2021
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Problem opening certain applications.

Unable to download certain applications

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Problem opening certain applications.

1. Problem opening certain applications. - Similar Threads - Problem opening certain

2. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  3. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  4. Please help troubleshoot certain applications not opening or restarting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help troubleshoot certain applications not opening or restarting computer: Recently I built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro from a usb drive, and have been having trouble running certain programs and games. When I started to reinstall programs I noticed Google Chrome would not open, as soon as I double clicked it would open for half a...
  5. Please help troubleshoot certain applications not opening or restarting computer

Please help troubleshoot certain applications not opening or restarting computer: Recently I built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro from a usb drive, and have been having trouble running certain programs and games. When I started to reinstall programs I noticed Google Chrome would not open, as soon as I double clicked it would open for half a...
  6. After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.: For the past 2 days I've been having this issue where after a certain amount of time after startup, I am unable to open any application. I've so far had no issue with system applications and this issue is persistent on all drives. I've done a scan on boot to check for any...
  7. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....
  8. This app can't open, there's a problem with this application

This app can't open, there's a problem with this application: Hi, Windows 10 said needed to do an update so when was finished using PC done the update, I then switched the PC off and when went back to it next day and now cant access anything like steam, firefox, logitech gaming software, any programs I have on the hard drive etc as...
  9. "Open with" isn't showing certain applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Open with" isn't showing certain applications: I use netbeans to open java files for coding and wanted to check my code in text edit before turning it in. Now I can't switch the files back to netbeans because it isn't showing up in the "open with" tab. submitted by /u/Sigueson [link] [comments]...
  10. 0xc0000005 Error After opening certain applications?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0xc0000005 Error After opening certain applications?: Some applications run once fine, and then the next time I open them they display this error and I have to reinstall them over and over and over everytime i want to reuse them... I'm not sure if this is a windows 10 issue or what....