Windows 10: problem opening games or apps

Discus and support problem opening games or apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a problem when i open steam games or apps or what ever , it point's to my browser instead of opening my game or app. I tried system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wolf warrior795, Sep 22, 2020.

1. problem opening games or apps

I'm having a problem when i open steam games or apps or what ever , it point's to my browser instead of opening my game or app.

I tried system restore , i tried sfc command , tried virus scan , tried resetting my apps nothing seems to fix my problem , is there some thing I'm not doing right?

:)

wolf warrior795, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. problem opening games or apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Problem with opening a game.

Hi Omar,

Issues launching the game may be caused by several reasons. The components of the game might be corrupted or you need to install new updates for the game itself.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you restart your computer to normal startup to disable unnecessary apps running in the background of your computer while you are using it. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, check for new updates on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link
    . download and install the updates, and then launch the game again.

We will appreciate if you can update us the results so if these solutions won't work, we will find another way to resolve your concern.

Loraine Mon, Sep 22, 2020
  4. problem opening games or apps

i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

problem opening games or apps

1. problem opening games or apps - Similar Threads - problem opening games

2. Xbox App Opening Wrong Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App Opening Wrong Game: I downloaded the Xbox App to play with my friends on PC. However when I try to open up an invite from a friend who is playing Sea of Thieves, it opens up Forza Horizon 4 instead. It asked me before about which program the invite should open up, but now i can't fix it. I can't...
  3. open apps problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    open apps problem: [IMG]whenever i clicked on mark option in that pic it opens cmd then closed.nothing happen then.what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-apps-problem/72cca852-2530-4deb-8d70-2f2252a7723e
  4. UWP app game not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP app game not opening: A UWP app specifically Among Us won't open. I've tried terminating it, repairing it, resetting it, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing worked. It was working, but then it just crashed when I was using it, and when I tried to re-open it, it wouldn't open. The...
  5. Xbox Game App games won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game App games won't open: so i was gonna play some MSFS but for some reason it wont launch on the xbox app and i tried to open it through the search bar and everytime it opens it leads me to the microsoft store and makes me install gaming services but i have installed it and i already uninstalled it...
  6. Opening game problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening game problem: It's been a month since this happened and no one answers me correctly. I can't uninstall the game because when I try to interact with it, a message pops up and says:[ATTACH]I don't know if you can, but go watch my old posts so you know what I tried and what I didn't....
  7. problem on apps and games, windows 10.

problem on apps and games, windows 10.: From yesterday, I can't download apps or games from Microsoft store. Even any games doesn't open on my pc. Please tell how can I fix it .I am giving updates. This even doesn't works....
  8. Install games and apps problems

Install games and apps problems: [ATTACH]I am getting this error every time I try to download app or a game. My connection is pretty good and my ping too. I tried a lot of methods to fix that problem but they didn't work! Some ideas how can I fix this error?...
  9. Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.: I tell you, Windows 10 is a bit*h with it's metro app implementation! I had purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition and attempted to get the free realm trail and after that, the app would no longer function. See the video here Minecraft Windows 10 crashing - YouTube Now i'm...
  10. Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.: I tell you, Windows 10 is a bit*h with it's metro app implementation! I had purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition and attempted to get the free realm trail and after that, the app would no longer function. See the video here Minecraft Windows 10 crashing - YouTube Now i'm...