Windows 10: Problem opening my photos - help please!

Discus and support Problem opening my photos - help please! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Have just got a brand new Acer Aspire 3 laptop to replace my old one and am running version 1903 windows 10 as before. Have transferred all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moggie, Jun 30, 2020.

1. moggie Win User

Problem opening my photos - help please!

Hello

Have just got a brand new Acer Aspire 3 laptop to replace my old one and am running version 1903 windows 10 as before.
    Have transferred all my docs, favorites etc using a memory stick and all is great except.............

I have all my docs and photo folders located in Documents exactly as I did on my last Acer and on that one when I clicked open a folder say family photos all the photos in that folder appeared with view set to 'large icons' and I could see all the photos on screen so I could then open them individually. NOW on my new laptop something funny has happened!

When I open the photos (or any other) folder they do not all load up with the little green line moving across above them and all I can see is a couple of photos as large icons with the remainder just showing as a 'blue mountain' icon with the photo number beneath. I then have to click on each of these one at a time to see the photo within! Going into defaults on my laptop and then 'photos' the default is shown as 'Photos' with something like 'best for Windows 10' under it. The only other choice seems to be 'paint' or something.

Have tried everything like going into view - options -view and making sure the little box re icons is left unticked but nothing changes. On my old Acer I had a choice of Windows Photo Viewer and MS Office picture manager but I do not have Word on the new Acer. Have tried reloading Docs from my memory stick but no change. Everything else works perfectly as before.

I am elderly but quite tech savvy but this has beaten me. Help anyone (in simple terms please)

:)

moggie, Jun 30, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Problem opening my photos - help please! :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Dutch Win User

Need help with getting "Choose a default" to work in Photo Viewer

Hello again. You are correct about that, meaning, I did state I had tried "open with".

Turns out, by simply using "open with" the problem was not solved. By taking the extra step after selecting "open with" and not selecting Photoshop there as one would expect to work, but instead selecting "choose another app" and then selecting Photoshop listed there, the setting held. It's certainly a convoluted way of selecting one's desired photo viewer.

Thanks again.

Dutch, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem opening my photos - help please! - Similar Threads - Problem opening photos

2. Photo opening problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo opening problem: A few days ago I received a file system error message: C-2147219196 when trying to open a photo. I have tried twice to correct this based on info I have read on here but the problem still exists. Can you help me?...
  3. Photo opening problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo opening problem: A few days ago I received a file system error message: C-2147219196 when trying to open a photo. I have tried twice to correct this based on info I have read on here but the problem still exists. Can you help me?...
  4. Photo opening problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problem opening Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem opening Photos: I cannot open pictures. This started suddenly a couple days ago. I have literally spent hours with microsoft technicians and they all say "this will fix it" but so far, nothing. I can copy a picture and paste it to Word and it looks fine. [Original Title: Photos]...
  6. Please help me with my problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me with my problem.: hi I'm participating in Windows 10 Exclusive Test.But there are problems in many ways, so I'm looking for a solution. First, the search in Windows doesn't work. ( Um... refers to the search function in Windows that you use to find files. ) Second, I get an error when I set...
  7. Problem with opening photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with opening photos: Suddenly my pc unable to open any photos .The following dailouge occures everytime.Help please.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-opening-photos/f2c10e24-034e-4b83-b607-43140bc58312
  8. please help my bsod problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    please help my bsod problem: hello i have a same blue screen problem here here s my dump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApfUxXqKFfOQbA913qFNtJTYH8A?e=aL420l can you please help me figure out thanks *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Please help with this problem

Please help with this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/something-went-wrong-while-trying-to-turn-on/e3574c71-b368-4a44-930c-b079e48ea90b?tm=1533049618684...
  10. I'm having a problem with opening my images, please help! ><

I'm having a problem with opening my images, please help! ><: Hello, so.. I'm having a problem on opening images on my computer I don't know what is it. It says ''error in the system (-2147219196)'' this is happening with all images. I searched on Google how to solve it but it doesn't tell or work. I updated Windows 10 to try to solve...