Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

Discus and support Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hispanico Win User

I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission...
    There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ?

Thank
    Hispa

:)

hispanico, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Linley Meslier Win User

ActiveSync works for Admin only

Hi,

Verify that Users have at least the Modify permission on the Activesync folder in Program Files.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Aug 1, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    How do I load an old software, Publisher 95 on to my Windows 10 computer? The error message comes up that won't allow me to continue due to compatibility.

Hi,

Something I just thought of that has happened to me before...

A couple of programs would not install or were blocked due to the permission settings of the Program Files folder...

In other words, the program was being denied permission to create a new folder...

I got around this by creating the folder manually and then browsing to it when the proper step of the installation process appeared...

You might try manually creating a "Microsoft Publisher" folder in Program Files (x86) and see if that helps...

I may have had to modify the Permissions of the new folder before the install would work, but that has been some time ago...

slance310, Aug 1, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

1. Right click the Program Files folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type r username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If get a message saying "Do want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting full control?", click "Yes" and 're done. If don't get the message, keep going.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on r username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

Thema:

1. Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder - Similar Threads - Problem permissions modify

2. High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs: I am experiencing high disk usage when I open literally everything. I am not too knowledgeable on computer hardware so hopefully someone here can help. I have disabled SuperFetch (I was/still am having issues with my computer randomly resetting; someone said disabling it...
  3. Album Art and Folder View Issue...

in Windows 10 Support
    Album Art and Folder View Issue...: Very weird issue, where the sub-folder and mp3's show there respective album art, but for some reason the primary folders are not. So I have primary folders for each band and inside is a folder for each album of that band, the mp3's show album art and so do each album...
  4. permissions when installing a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    permissions when installing a new program: When I try to install some new programs I get the message "insufficient permissions" I am the only person using this computer....
  5. Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.: Some guys, old male aquaintances, boyfriends, etc, I used to know, a lot, hackers, and other people, got into my computer and have been watching me. a lot of the pages are edited and they also do stuff like flash the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and changing what my...
  6. printer problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer problems: Hello Everyone, I can't get my printer back online. Will no connect to my pc. Can anyone please help. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-problems/6e984929-ea6f-40ff-b2e2-393de4e75226
  7. Gmail folders won't sync to Windows Mail and Calendars, but Inbox Does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail folders won't sync to Windows Mail and Calendars, but Inbox Does: Hi, I have been using Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app for several months, and it was working fine. Within the last couple weeks, suddenly my folders no longer sync correctly...except the inbox does. I have Reset the app, Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, Updated the...
  8. Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...: I try to import photos from my iphone 8 to my Dell laptop with Windows10, both running with up to date versions of their software. I connect iphone to the PC with a USB cable. Photos app came with the laptop. I read most of the answers from the community but they didn't solve...
  9. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  10. Win10 Updates Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Updates Problems: The 1803 update wiped out several programs on my HP laptop---lost saved emails--and downloads Further updates on my Acer desktop wiped out my desktop- Additional updates move programs off the desktop and deletes others All changes require several hours to reset to a...