Windows 10: Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

Discus and support Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hispanico Win User

Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission...
    There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ?

Thank
    Hispa

:)

hispanico, Aug 1, 2015

2. ActiveSync works for Admin only

Hi,

Verify that Users have at least the Modify permission on the Activesync folder in Program Files.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Aug 1, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    How do I load an old software, Publisher 95 on to my Windows 10 computer? The error message comes up that won't allow me to continue due to compatibility.

Hi,

Something I just thought of that has happened to me before...

A couple of programs would not install or were blocked due to the permission settings of the Program Files folder...

In other words, the program was being denied permission to create a new folder...

I got around this by creating the folder manually and then browsing to it when the proper step of the installation process appeared...

You might try manually creating a "Microsoft Publisher" folder in Program Files (x86) and see if that helps...

I may have had to modify the Permissions of the new folder before the install would work, but that has been some time ago...

slance310, Aug 1, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

1. Right click the Program Files folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type r username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If get a message saying "Do want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting full control?", click "Yes" and 're done. If don't get the message, keep going.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on r username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

Thema:

1. Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder - Similar Threads - Problem permissions modify

2. Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...: There are these folders and files which are used as logs. Is it possible to change these following Windows users / groups permissions for better security?NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:IF NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:IOICIIOF NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:IF NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:IOICIIOF...
  3. Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...: There are these folders and files which are used as logs. Is it possible to change these following Windows users / groups permissions for better security?NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:IF NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:IOICIIOF NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:IF NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:IOICIIOF...
  4. Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Getting permissions to modify folders in Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting permissions to modify folders in Windows Apps: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Microsoft deems it prudent to lock users out of the installation folders for their games bought on their platform. I'm trying to figure out a way to gain full control permissions as admin to the installation folder for Kingdom Come Deliverance....
  6. can't modify file due to lack of permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    can't modify file due to lack of permissions: I am admin on my home PC and since i upgraded to 10 i can't seem to do a lot of things. In some cases i have been able to go into the file's properties and allow myself permission but in others not. Why is this? And how can i just have full control over everything? I can't...
  7. Problem with Program Files folder localization

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Program Files folder localization: Hi, today I noticed that my Program Files is not in my native language anymore. The x86 one is fine. The desktop.ini of the folder looks fine: Code: [.ShellClassInfo] [email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21781 I tried changing Windows to french and english and...
  8. How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...: I’m working on organizing my programs and files on my new PC and every time I’m messing with the program files it tells me I need an admin password (can I turn this off since I’m already logged in as admin?) but after I put it in I still can’t because I “don’t have...
  9. Programs can't write to Documents folder - Permissions problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs can't write to Documents folder - Permissions problem?: I can't put my finger on what triggered this, but I get an error message whenever a recently installed program tries to write to my Documents folder or Desktop folder (built-in Windows programs and other programs that I installed many months ago do not have this problem)....
  10. Program Files Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program Files Permissions: Hi there, I upgraded from 7 to 10 today on my PC, and all appears to have gone well... 1 thing I noticed however was that I had a program that is portable (i.e. you run directly from it's own folder each time, rather than installing into Program Files), and because I...