Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

Discus and support Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Aug 2, 2015.

1. hispanico Win User

I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission...
    There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ?

Thank
    Hispa

:)

hispanico, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Linley Meslier Win User

ActiveSync works for Admin only

Hi,

Verify that Users have at least the Modify permission on the Activesync folder in Program Files.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Aug 2, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    How do I load an old software, Publisher 95 on to my Windows 10 computer? The error message comes up that won't allow me to continue due to compatibility.

Hi,

Something I just thought of that has happened to me before...

A couple of programs would not install or were blocked due to the permission settings of the Program Files folder...

In other words, the program was being denied permission to create a new folder...

I got around this by creating the folder manually and then browsing to it when the proper step of the installation process appeared...

You might try manually creating a "Microsoft Publisher" folder in Program Files (x86) and see if that helps...

I may have had to modify the Permissions of the new folder before the install would work, but that has been some time ago...

slance310, Aug 2, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

1. Right click the Program Files folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type r username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If get a message saying "Do want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting full control?", click "Yes" and 're done. If don't get the message, keep going.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on r username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

Thema:

Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder - Similar Threads - Problem permissions modify

1. Big permissions problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Big permissions problem: Well, after make a stupid thing like do from Ubuntu "chmod 777 -R /media/Windows" now i can't do anything. When I log with my user in Windows 10 the background goes black and the Windows Bar it's loading all time, I can open some folders doing ctrl+alt+del but then the...
  2. Advanced Permissions Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Permissions Problem: I want to change the Title of a single file in it's Properties > Details Tab > Description line. When I try to make the change by going to the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" link and Apply, I get the message: "You'll Need To Provide Administrator Permission To...
  3. Permission problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission problems: Since I started using Windows 10, I decided to make my user account an Administrator account because I always ran across a problem by not being able to access certain directories and/or files. I also used the Change Ownership plug-in for Windows to give me ownership of...
  4. Permission problems after migrating desktop in Win 10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission problems after migrating desktop in Win 10 Pro x64: Hi there, So I thought it would be smart to keep my M.2 ssd system drive fairly clear and so migrated the location of desktop, documents, downloads etc to my D: drive. However a weird thing happens. All Microsoft progs, Office and windows native apps like notepad etc...
  5. What can I do about a problem with folder permissions?

in Windows 10 Support
    What can I do about a problem with folder permissions?: I recently bought a new Acer PC with Windows 10. The PC is just for me. There is only one account on it and I am not planning and creating any other accounts. I was pretty sure I am the administrator of the PC, but whenever I try to delete a folder, I get a message stating...
  6. Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.: Hello, I just installed the latest build of Windows 10 and am running into some problems that never occurred to me before. My previous version of Windows 10 failed because of some system restore custom app that I downloaded so I had to reinstall. Anyway, I make a clean...
  7. Drive created using subst - write permission problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive created using subst - write permission problem: Hello. I had Windows 8.1 installed and some months ago I associated drive letter (Q*Smile with C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\Q_Drive. I have my photos collection on that drive and I use it with Adobe Lightroom. Everything worked fine with 8.1, but after upgrade to Windows 10...
Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder solved