Windows 10: Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

Discus and support Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hispanico Win User

Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission...
    There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ?

Thank
    Hispa

:)

hispanico, Aug 1, 2015

2. ActiveSync works for Admin only

Hi,

Verify that Users have at least the Modify permission on the Activesync folder in Program Files.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Aug 1, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    How do I load an old software, Publisher 95 on to my Windows 10 computer? The error message comes up that won't allow me to continue due to compatibility.

Hi,

Something I just thought of that has happened to me before...

A couple of programs would not install or were blocked due to the permission settings of the Program Files folder...

In other words, the program was being denied permission to create a new folder...

I got around this by creating the folder manually and then browsing to it when the proper step of the installation process appeared...

You might try manually creating a "Microsoft Publisher" folder in Program Files (x86) and see if that helps...

I may have had to modify the Permissions of the new folder before the install would work, but that has been some time ago...

slance310, Aug 1, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

1. Right click the Program Files folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type r username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If get a message saying "Do want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting full control?", click "Yes" and 're done. If don't get the message, keep going.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on r username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

Thema:

1. Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder - Similar Threads - Problem permissions modify

2. Problem with opening selected files/programs/folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with opening selected files/programs/folders: Heres my problem, Normally and befeore the problem starst - when I selected some files using CRTL or SHIFT button, and then double click lets say some photo, windows opens only the file i doubleclicked. Now when I select even 20 and more files and doubleclick the last...
  3. Allowing Programs access to modify files,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allowing Programs access to modify files,: Okay, so it turns out somethings a little screwed up with my computer... programs cannot write, or modify files, I'm just seeing this so far with a couple of games, and Eclipse, but when i try and save a file ive been editing, or change some settings, it gives me an error:...
  4. Modify INI files in Ark WInows store folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify INI files in Ark WInows store folder.: I am trying to edit the Ini files for Ark survival evolved. I am trying to make the in game non-dedicated server player distance larger as it is currently prohibitively small . Unfortunately I don't have permissions to edit these files. (I am admin) and it is causing me...
  5. Programs can't write to Documents folder - Permissions problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs can't write to Documents folder - Permissions problem?: I can't put my finger on what triggered this, but I get an error message whenever a recently installed program tries to write to my Documents folder or Desktop folder (built-in Windows programs and other programs that I installed many months ago do not have this problem)....
  6. Program Files Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program Files Permissions: Hi there, I upgraded from 7 to 10 today on my PC, and all appears to have gone well... 1 thing I noticed however was that I had a program that is portable (i.e. you run directly from it's own folder each time, rather than installing into Program Files), and because I...
  7. Shared folder permission problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folder permission problem: I have 3 PCs on my Windows 10 home network (2 wired desktops running Win10 Pro and a wireless laptop running Win10 Home). All are on the same Workgroup, and I log into all of them with the same Microsoft account, verified on all machines. I have shared some folders on PC...
  8. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...
  9. Files and folders permissions question

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and folders permissions question: In addition to myself as administrator I'm setting up two additional Family Member accounts. The operating system is on C drive but I've created folders on another drive.. f:\users\me\documents and \me\pictures..that's all fine and wish to do the same for FM1 and FM2 How...
  10. Files and Folder Permission Help..

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folder Permission Help..: I just had windows 10 installed and in Windows old it will not allow me to view users under my name tells me I don't have permission to access that particular file. I can view all the other ones in windows old but not users that's where my desktop items that was saved on my...