Windows 10: Problem reading a DoD CAC in my Windows 10

Discus and support Problem reading a DoD CAC in my Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Smart Card Reader does not read my DoD CAC so that I can log into my Government Portal. The SC Reader is listed in my Device manager but does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasonMero, Mar 30, 2020.

1. JasonMero Win User

Problem reading a DoD CAC in my Windows 10

My Smart Card Reader does not read my DoD CAC so that I can log into my Government Portal.

The SC Reader is listed in my Device manager but does not read the card. This seems to be a very common problem but I can not find a solution to fix it.

:)

JasonMero, Mar 30, 2020
  2. j5ghughes Win User

DoD CAC use in Windows 10S mode

is there a way to install DoD certs and ActivClient on Surface running Windows 10 in S mode?

j5ghughes, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Web Pages not seeing CAC. CAC not being detected by IE11, Mozilla, and Edge

I am using a SCR5300A reader and I see the driver in my Device Manger and my computer can see the reader and read my CAC. I have ActivClient 7.1 installed and can open and view my certs. I reinstalled DoD Certs and CrossCertRemoval Tool. I then verified
    that I have the latest DoD and CA Root Certs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

VickieCarriaga, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Problem reading a DoD CAC in my Windows 10

Computer not reading CAC card

So after rolling back the driver I still had the same issue. The computer recognizes the Common Access Card (CAC) reader but it doesn't read the common access card. So I re-updated the drivers to the most current ones. Any other suggestions?

BrandonFenstermaker, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Problem reading a DoD CAC in my Windows 10

1. Problem reading a DoD CAC in my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem reading DoD

2. CAC Help, unable to use CAC/smartcard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAC Help, unable to use CAC/smartcard: Hello,Avid Windows power user stumped, hoping its an easy fix.Im US DOD, and my issued DOD CAC was working fine until about 10 days ago, when all installed browsers all the sudden no longer register with a website I have a cac inserted into the system. The way I use my pc has...
  3. CAC Help, unable to use CAC/smartcard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAC Help, unable to use CAC/smartcard: Hello,Avid Windows power user stumped, hoping its an easy fix.Im US DOD, and my issued DOD CAC was working fine until about 10 days ago, when all installed browsers all the sudden no longer register with a website I have a cac inserted into the system. The way I use my pc has...
  4. CAC reader SCR3310 V2.0 Not reading CAC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAC reader SCR3310 V2.0 Not reading CAC: I have updated the driver for the CAC reader a million times now and it still won't read the card. I've tried 3 different readers and same issue. The PC can see the cac reader in device manager but the reader wont read the card. I've tried the reader and card on a MAC and I...
  5. Windows 10 Update removed ability of my CAC readers to recognize CAC Cards--no earlier...

Windows 10 Update removed ability of my CAC readers to recognize CAC Cards--no earlier...: I have an HP ProBook 640 G3, i5-7200U CPU @ 2.5GHz; 8 GB RAM; 64-Bit running Win 10 - version 1903. I have an internal CAC reader, an external USB CAC reader and a USB Keyboard/CAC reader. Through April 2020 all three worked fine. Then a Win10 update was pushed in May...
  6. Smart Card not reading CAC

Smart Card not reading CAC: Hi, After a microsoft update a few months ago my smart card reader no longer recognize my CAC. When I would try to log onto military sites, it would say no certificates present. On activclient middleware, it would say no card reader detected. I am using a SCR331 and a...
  7. DoD CAC use in Windows 10S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DoD CAC use in Windows 10S mode: is there a way to install DoD certs and ActivClient on Surface running Windows 10 in S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dod-cac-use-in-windows-10s-mode/8d938463-e563-4d4a-a4e8-4a9c9a99bf2e"
  8. CAC CARD

CAC CARD: Good Evening: I am in the military and I use a CAC CARD reader to access various websites to do my job on my own computer. I took a recent update on Windows 10 to Version 1903. Now my computer sees my cac card reader, but when I insert my cac card it doesn't notice it....
  9. Windows 10 Certificate Manager will not find my Military CAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Certificate Manager will not find my Military CAC: As the title states, I recently purged all user certificates from my computer because a friend used my computer and loaded his CAC onto the computer. Now my computer cannot find my CAC or load the certificates from it. I have opened device manager and looked for hardware...
  10. I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....

I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....: I'm trying to use access cac card required sites on my home personal computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-cac-card-reader-installed-the/933a196c-5da6-4cb2-8401-b1401bfe5011

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 s mode cac reader

2. windows 10s cac card

3. cac card certificates not showing

4. card reader has no certificate,
  5. cac card not being read