Windows 10: Problem Reading DVD in TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FBD drive running Windows 10

Discus and support Problem Reading DVD in TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FBD drive running Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a Toshiba Satellite L50-D-B laptop with AMD E1-6010 APU processor and AMD Radeon R2 Graphics running on Windows 10. Have reset the laptop using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nilsvs, Apr 9, 2020.

1. nilsvs Win User

Problem Reading DVD in TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FBD drive running Windows 10

Have a Toshiba Satellite L50-D-B laptop with AMD E1-6010 APU processor and AMD Radeon R2 Graphics running on Windows 10.

Have reset the laptop using the reset utility removing everything prior to it reinstalling windows. I have then updated the whole system with Windows update and have downloaded the latest drivers from AMD. After installing all the updates and rebooting no issues appear in the Device Manager with all the latest drivers installed. The DVD is visible when booting in both normal and safe mode. When I insert a DVD into the drive the drive whirs for a number of seconds but can not read the DVD. I have tested a number of discs.

1. The two Toshiba programs TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator, TOSHIBA Disc Creator are not installed.
    2. There is no virtual software on the system to uninstall.
    3. I have made sure the system is up to date and there are no hardware update drivers to install.
    4. I have tried to reinstall and update the DVD driver in Device Manager rebooting in each case.
    5. I have tried removing and reinstalling the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. No ATA Channel 0, ATA Channel 1 or Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller were present in hidden devices.
    6. I have updated the BIOS to latest version.
    7. Finally I have Edited the Windows Registry as suggested in https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-dvd-cd-drive-not-working-missing-windows-10/ .

Am at the end of my tether and any input and help to resolve the issue would be great.

:)

nilsvs, Apr 9, 2020

2. TssTcorp cddvdw SU-228FB not working after windows 10 upgrade

TssTcorp cddvdw SU-228FB not working after windows 10 upgrade

GerritValentine, Apr 9, 2020
  3. tsstcorp cddvdw su-208fb driver download windows 10 needed

tsstcorp cddvdw su-208fb driver download windows 10 needed

derekmcnicol, Apr 9, 2020
  4. edargham Win User

DVD Drive does not read DVDs but only reads CDs

Hello Arul_D,

Here are the results of the methods you told me to follow:

Method 1:

Problem Reading DVD in TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FBD drive running Windows 10 9a4559e8-1173-4d56-bfce-baf08a3da246.png

Yet the issue wasn't resolved

Method 2:

Problem Reading DVD in TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FBD drive running Windows 10 30981382-8b5c-434a-affd-51260084ba9e.jpg

Yet again the issue wasn't resolved.

Method 3:

• This driver (TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208CB) is provided by Microsoft, yet I found nothing on their website about it. thus I will not risk downloading the driver software from third party websites (unless you are willing to provide links to safe
      sites).
    • All of the sites I visited stated that the most recent driver software version for
      TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208CB was released on June 21, 2006, the same date the version on my laptop is installed.
    Hence my problem still remains. Please help.

UPDATE: I've tried to load a bootable Windows Vista Setup DVD from BIOS, and it also failed. I'm starting to suspect that the DVD drive is broken, can it be? If not, can it be affected by some kind of malware?

UPDATE 2: I noticed it can read 8.5 GB DVD-R DL but not the standard 4.7 GB DVD-R. I haven't tried yet DVD-RWs, but the problem is it could read the 4.7 GB DVD-Rs in the past.

edargham, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem Reading DVD in TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FBD drive running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Reading DVD

2. CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW: I have an old Casper laptop running Win 10 that has a CDDVDW SU-208DB as an internal disc reader that can not read DVD+R or Rewritable CDs. I've tried a few different discs by different companies, bought at different times, etc. and all of them spin for a bit, stop, then...
  3. CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW: I have an old Casper laptop running Win 10 that has a CDDVDW SU-208DB as an internal disc reader that can not read DVD+R or Rewritable CDs. I've tried a few different discs by different companies, bought at different times, etc. and all of them spin for a bit, stop, then...
  4. CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB Can burn blu ray?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB Can burn blu ray?: I don't know if my TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB that is incorporated to my laptop can burn blu ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tsstcorp-cddvdw-su-208gb-can-burn-blu-ray/750df556-e7ff-4ec3-b4a2-2257abaff786
  6. TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB Can burn blu ray?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB Can burn blu ray?: I don't know if my TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB that is incorporated to my laptop can burn blu ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tsstcorp-cddvdw-su-208gb-can-burn-blu-ray/750df556-e7ff-4ec3-b4a2-2257abaff786
  7. Toshiba Laptop Model PSKK7A-002002. DVD drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FB. Error Code 19

Toshiba Laptop Model PSKK7A-002002. DVD drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FB. Error Code 19: Hi anyone that can help,There are many mentions on the web about this issue. As with the other people my problem started when I upgraded Windows 10 Pro to version 10.0.19042 build 19042 and lost my d: drive. Computer Management / Device Manager / DVD/CD-ROM drives states the...
  8. TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A

TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A: I bought an old Advent 5711 laptop. And this DVD drive won't detect any disc whatsoever. But the drive itself is detected? Any suggestions? No driver is found anywhere online. Thanks. 166990
  9. tsstcorp cddvdw su-208fb error

tsstcorp cddvdw su-208fb error: Good afternoon, Today I was trying to use my dvd driver and it didn't work, in the properties it says that: "O Windows não pode iniciar este dispositivo de hardware uma vez que as respetivas informações de configuração no registo estão incompletas ou danificadas. Código 19"...
  10. TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore !

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore !: Hi everyone, I don't know when this problem began on my computer (I don't often use my CD/DVD reader) but it can't read any DVD or CD anymore. When I insert a CD/DVD, it's just not read, but the reader is detected and "works fine" : [ATTACH] [ATTACH] In the device manager...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. toshiba tsst corp cddvdw su-208fb not working how to work