Windows 10: Problem recovering from Windows Backup

Discus and support Problem recovering from Windows Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, need some help, but I don't know if this is the write place. Got a Windows 2012 R2, crashed and a Backup in a iSCSI disk. When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drovsky_Admin, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Problem recovering from Windows Backup

Hello,

need some help, but I don't know if this is the write place.

Got a Windows 2012 R2, crashed and a Backup in a iSCSI disk.

When I try to recover (create a Windows 2012 Boot disk with iSCSI Drivers), the recover does not recognised any backup on the iscsi.

The files are there: The original machine add 1 disk with 3 partitions (System Reserved, C and D), so 3 vhdx files, with size of the partitions.

The backups were running smoothly so i think the backups are OK.

I would like to recover the whole, machine, or some files in disk D, but when I try to mount the vhdx, on a Windows 10, the partition D shows in raw, and the file system is not recognised.

What's the best solution to recover from the Windows Server Backup?

Convert vhdx to another format?

What's the best tool to use?

Why wbadmin doesn't recognise any backups even the backups were running sucessfully?

:)

Drovsky_Admin, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Guitar Win User

Windows Backup Problems

Having a problem backing up Windows 7, need help. Basically, I am having the problem in which the backup will not create at all and fails at the shadow copy. This happens in Windows Backup using both the disk image backup and the personal file backup. It goes to maybe 5%-8% of Shadow Copy depending on the backup type and fails. The error that comes in event viewer is 0x81000019. Yes the disk is brand new and double the size of C:.

I tried the fix of making a new 490mb system reserve partition and that did not help (http://social.technet.microsoft.com...l/thread/fce6950d-c06d-4dd0-a850-67022db4fe04) I formatted the disk several times and that didn't help. I tried a third party program, Comodo backup, and that too failed to operate I would say based on the shadow copy service. I tried this fix as well (http://social.technet.microsoft.com...aac-a0af-4740-a331-2b14d604a846?prof=required) and I failed at the regsvr32 es.dll, regsvr32 msxml3.dll, regsvr32 msxml4.dll commands, and WMI Writer when using the vssadmin list writers command was not responding. I've also tried stopping and restarting the service.

Besides doing a manual backup using Acronis, which is not preferred at this point, I don't know how to fix this.

Guitar, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Guitar Win User
    Windows Backup Problems

Well I'm glad you don't, but this is in an environment where as little downtime as possible is wanted and it is much easier to restore an image with all programs and data then reinstall everything and settings and all.

Have you tried any steps to resolve it?

Guitar, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Geekoid Win User

Problem recovering from Windows Backup

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Problem recovering from Windows Backup

1. Problem recovering from Windows Backup - Similar Threads - Problem recovering Backup

2. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  3. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  4. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Can we just backup a file/directory ? Microsoft Edge, with Sync on, continually looses the password file. As does Chrome. Luckilly firefox still works.I do NOT want to use secondary password managers, as they simply are not secure.A simple file/directory backup seems to work...
  6. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Can we just backup a file/directory ? Microsoft Edge, with Sync on, continually looses the password file. As does Chrome. Luckilly firefox still works.I do NOT want to use secondary password managers, as they simply are not secure.A simple file/directory backup seems to work...
  7. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Was wondering of the possibility in this scenario... Win10 Pro latest release was backed up as an image file on a backup drive. The backup drive was moved to a new PC running Win10 Home. Is there a way to recover the Edge passwords from the image file? There is also the...
  8. Recover backup file from registry editor

Recover backup file from registry editor: I've accidentally deleted my windows profile's backup .bak from the ProfileList in Registrary Editor. I lost all my files as a result. Is there a way for me to recover my files?...
  9. Recover Windows 10 from Image Backup

Recover Windows 10 from Image Backup: My computer crashed and windows 10 in ssd got corrupted. I have an image backup in my harddisk but I can't restore it. So I removed the hdd and reinstalled w10 on the ssd. however i logged in windows with my microsoft account and this personalized the os, making me unable...
  10. Can not recover with from a System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can not recover with from a System Image Backup: Story: I have 6 Windows 10 systems. The drive in my G60 laptop just crashed out completely and while the three partitions can be seen in another PC neither the size nor any other information is available - it's trashed. It's 10 Home upgraded from Windows 7 back in the free...