Windows 10: problem regarding window update

Discus and support problem regarding window update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; window was not updated .please check the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bablisingh1, May 1, 2020.

1. problem regarding window update

window was not updated .please check the problem.

:)

Bablisingh1, May 1, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond problem regarding window update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 1, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

problem regarding window update

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 1, 2020
Thema:

problem regarding window update

1. problem regarding window update - Similar Threads - problem regarding window

2. Problem regarding windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem regarding windows security: The windows security showing blank white screen even after I reset and repaired it. Plz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-regarding-windows-security/82287cb8-69c4-4466-99cf-9e0ce821c11e
  3. Problem regarding windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem regarding windows activation: There are a lot of things I have to learn bout a computer. I am in my 60's and I didn't have to worry about it until my kids grew up and got married. So now the struggle is real. Well my can't activate Microsoft because my screen keep reading activate windows go to settings...
  4. Regarding a problem while the Updation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding a problem while the Updation of windows 10: While I was updating my windows due to insufficient power in my laptop battery my laptop shut down and when I tried to turn on my laptop it boots up and shows a black screen . So is there a way to recover my windows without loosing my data ?...
  5. problem regarding window updation

problem regarding window updation: I have encountered error regarding window update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-regarding-window-updation/82829bed-ec5f-4734-9c52-0ef442ee576d
  6. Hi there I have a problem Regarding windows updates

Hi there I have a problem Regarding windows updates: So here is the problem im having i keep having updates i simply can't install first they seem to download just fine. but at some point they give some error codes....
  7. Problem regarding Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem regarding Windows Defender: My windows defender is not being updated, whenever I'm trying to update the software it is searching the update only and sometimes later it is showing "Your windows defender can not be updated, it's facing some problem". And one more thing is whenever I'm trying to scan my...
  8. Regarding a problem in windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding a problem in windows.: Hii, Iam using Windows 10 in my laptop but not sure whether it is genuine version or not. But I keep the windows to auto upgrade. Iam facing many problems now. Like a licence file is not getting copied into the local disk c files i.e I can't get total control of the local...
  9. Problem regarding installing new updates for windows 10

Problem regarding installing new updates for windows 10: I have been using Windows 10 since from a month or two and decided to update it. My all the files approximately size 6GB is already been downloaded with help of "Windows 10 Update assistant". Now when it comes to installation i've been getting error like,'Sorry,we are having...
  10. Problem regarding Windows 10 "1511" update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem regarding Windows 10 "1511" update: Hello everyone!! I'm facing a problem after updating my laptop to 1511 or November update. After updating my windows 10, it shows an error message that your Windows is "inactive". But before updating it was activated. I need to know if there's any solution for this problem....