Windows 10: Problem regarding Windows Defender

Discus and support Problem regarding Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender is not being updated, whenever I'm trying to update the software it is searching the update only and sometimes later it is showing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SwagataSarkar3, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Problem regarding Windows Defender

My windows defender is not being updated, whenever I'm trying to update the software it is searching the update only and sometimes later it is showing "Your windows defender can not be updated, it's facing some problem". And one more thing is whenever I'm trying to scan my computer with windows defender for viruses it's scanning only 57 items. I can see when the item scanned is reaching to 57 it's getting stopped and showing scan completed. The first time I'm facing this kind of problem. How to fix this problem, please guide me.

:)

SwagataSarkar3, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Windows Defender Anitvirus

Hello,

There are multiple reasons why you are having issues, enabling Windows Defender. To assist you with your concern, you can refer to
    PrashantKumar96's
    Forum Article
    on how to fix Windows Defender not starting.

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps listed there, especially the number six troubleshooting step.

Let us know of the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Problem regarding Windows Defender

On startup Windows Defender is not on and wants to scan

Hi,

To address your concern regarding Windows Defender, we suggest that you restart the Windows Defender Service with the steps below:

• Right click on Start and select Run.
    • Type services.msc, then press Enter.
    • Click the Windows Defender Service, and click Stop and then
      Start under General tab.
    • Check Apply and OK.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Problem regarding Windows Defender

1. Problem regarding Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Problem regarding Defender

2. Regarding windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding windows defender: I am trying to turn off my windows defender to download something, but i can't turn it off since it says I have other antivirus providers installed. But I have never downloaded any antivirus providers before, and windows defender doesnt tell me what it is....
  3. Regarding windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding windows defender: I am trying to turn off my windows defender to download something, but i can't turn it off since it says I have other antivirus providers installed. But I have never downloaded any antivirus providers before, and windows defender doesnt tell me what it is....
  4. problems regarding window defender antivirus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems regarding window defender antivirus.: windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problems-regarding-window-defender-antivirus/7fac9500-c6ee-40cf-89fa-ea20a3cbced6
  5. Regarding Some Problems In Windows Defender

Regarding Some Problems In Windows Defender: I recently installed the Comodo Icedragon browser, but with that theComodo Cloud Security also got installed. Now when I click on the "show hidden icons" up arrow mark, it shows a cross sign over the Windows Defender tray icon. When I check for the problem which was making...
  6. Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.: Hi, so recently Malwarebytes updated itself to 4.1.2 and while installing the newest version, a notification said that both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender I use Windows Defender as a secondary protection have been turned off. Im worried there could be something wrong...
  7. regarding Windows defender.

regarding Windows defender.: I bought an hp laptop recently and at first windows defender was activated by default and mc afee antivirus was synced to it as an antivirus. means whenever i opened windows defender it showed defender is turned on or real time protection is turned on and it showed a link to...
  8. Regarding WINDOWS DEFENDER

Regarding WINDOWS DEFENDER: My windows defender has been frozen I don't know what to do and when I click on the SCAN NOW option it doesn't respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/regarding-windows-defender/9c420c40-6792-4918-8692-44266cf57b86
  9. regarding updation of windows defender.

regarding updation of windows defender.: how to solve the problem of updation definitions ? every time when I am trying to update it then pop-up box shows and error is " THIS APPLICATION COULDN'T CHECK FOR VIRUS AND SPYWARE DEFINITION UPDATES. CHECK YOUR INTERNET OR NETWORK CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN. And the ERROR...
  10. Windows Defender activation regarding

Windows Defender activation regarding: I have turned off the windows defender but now I could not reactivate it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-activation-regarding/2ff81f95-ca72-431e-8036-ecac3c605d64

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dmz server windows defender couldnt get updated