Windows 10: Problem Removing Malware in Windows Defender

Discus and support Problem Removing Malware in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently, I scanned my USB and it found a malicious file. I reformat my USB But according to my Windows Defender its still there, And i tried to remove... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jhugz Batuigas, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Problem Removing Malware in Windows Defender

Recently, I scanned my USB and it found a malicious file. I reformat my USB But according to my Windows Defender its still there, And i tried to remove but it's still coming back, so i scanned my PC it said there were no threats. How can I remove this? because still it bothers me. I put it on quarantine just to sure.

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

:)

Jhugz Batuigas, Jun 13, 2020

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Problem with Windows Defender Update and Malware Removal

What is the complete name and
    path where Windows Defender indicates that the thrəat resides?

Have a look where the file is located:

Scan results can be viewed by opening Windows Defender and looking at the last scan details. If anything was detected, it will show in the 'History' tab. If you want to see more detailed logs, you can view them in Event Viewer > Applications and Services
    Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational. If malware was detected malware, it will show as a 'Warning' with a yellow warning sign and details.

UNQUOTE

-=-

Delete temporary files.

To delete temporary files: Do a disk cləanup. Click the Start button, in the səarch box, type
    disk cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click disk cləanup.

Reboot

Download the
    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    , and then select
    Open or Save in the pop-up window.

• Note

If you select Save, you need to go to the folder where the troubleshooter is downloaded to after the download is complete, and then double-click the latest wu.diagcab file to run the troubleshooter.

Select Next and follow the steps in the wizard to find and fix problems with Windows Update .

`~`

Please print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file. It will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps..

IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

`~`

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Problem Removing Malware in Windows Defender

Malware removal

Understood, OldMike. I will keep your suggestion in mind. I always appreciate suggestions from those who know more than I do. I think the Malware did do more than one scan, because I had to approve removal of what it found twice. I don't see Windows Defender on the list of programs. I think it was on there before they redid the software. Pluto TV also disappeared.

Amadeus51, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Problem Removing Malware in Windows Defender

1. Problem Removing Malware in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Problem Removing Malware

2. Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.: Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it. Event Viewer shows attempts, Defender "start actions" does not remove malware and a scan reveals the same threats. Event Viewer says Defender had a critical issue, throws 0x80508032.Have run FRST and have the two...
  3. Windows Defender won't remove certain malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender won't remove certain malware: Windows Defender detects multiple "PUABundler:Win32/PhotoScapeBundler," When I select Remove or Quarantine and click Start actions, nothing happens. The malware stays there for weeks. Although the threat is low, it's not present to have them. Two other antivirus software...
  4. Windows Defender won't remove certain malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender won't remove certain malware: Windows Defender detects multiple "PUABundler:Win32/PhotoScapeBundler," When I select Remove or Quarantine and click Start actions, nothing happens. The malware stays there for weeks. Although the threat is low, it's not present to have them. Two other antivirus software...
  5. Windows Defender won't remove certain malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Problem Removing a Malware

Problem Removing a Malware: HelloGetting problem with Windows Security , every day a message pops up saying there is Trojan virus on your user win32 potintial.So i run the scan to action remove, but the scan startes since a day before until today and still running never stopped, so until i myself...
  7. Windows Defender does not remove malwares

Windows Defender does not remove malwares: Hello, I am using Windows 8.1. Every time I scan my laptop, Windows Defender detects these malwares : Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C48 VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.C Trojan:Win32/Malex.gen!E Trojan:Win32/BlueTeal!rfn All of them show as severe active threats. When I...
  8. Malware removes Windows Defender

Malware removes Windows Defender: Hi! About two weeks ago I've got a virus, which not only wasn't found or blocked by Windows Defender but it has completely deleted Defender from system! I've used Malwarebytes to delete malware and then I used system restore to have Defender back. But two days ago the same...
  9. Windows Defender only partially removing malware

Windows Defender only partially removing malware: Hi I have a Windows 10, 64bit platform. I noticed that my screen was momentarily going black when opening some applications mainly Microsoft ones. One suggestion was to download the virus checker from Microsoft MSERT which I did and ran. It picked up the...
  10. Malware disabled (or removed) Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Malware disabled (or removed) Windows Defender: Here's what happened: i started my laptop normally and i went AFK for a while, the fan went full power, it was weird because I've never heard it going so fast, so I opened task manager to search for the culprit and the fan went slow again, I IMMEDIATELY thought "cryptominer",...