Windows 10: Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered

Discus and support Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Trying to do a reset of PC, fails and tells me there was a problem resetting the PC. I go to the setupact.log and I see an error message Factory: No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mkr10001, Mar 22, 2020.

1. mkr10001 Win User

Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered

Trying to do a reset of PC, fails and tells me there was a problem resetting the PC. I go to the setupact.log and I see an error message

Factory: No recovery image registered[gle=0x000000ea]

However...

reagentc /info says....

C:\Windows\system32>reagentc /infoWindows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configurationInformation: Windows RE status: Enabled Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: 572ea965-6c58-11ea-9f70-98af65a416c6 Recovery image location: Recovery image index: 0 Custom image location: Custom image index: 0REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.

So why isn't it registerd'??

For background, I wiped the drives when I got it from HP and installed fresh 10 from scratch.
    windows 1909

:)

mkr10001, Mar 22, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 22, 2020
  3. betamax Win User
    Create Reset Recovery Image in Windows 10  

I did that and it does get listed as the recovery image. But who knows if it actually uses it? I suppose I can test this by first booting into audit mode and installing some random program or changing the wallpaper, the generalizing the system and boot into a PE to capture the image in DISM and registering the newly created image with /setosimage. If your a right, then doing a Reset my PC with the "remove everything" option should restore the machine with the program or wallpaper still there.

betamax, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered

There is problem to reset this PC

Hello,

One possible cause of this issue is a corrupted Windows component. Let's try resetting your PC through the Windows Recovery Environment.
    Windows Recovery Environment (WinRe) is a recovery environment that can repair common causes of unbootable or corrupted operating system. To reset your PC through WinRe, please follow these steps:

• On your login screen, press and hold Shift Key then click
      Shutdown
    • Under Choose an option page, select Troubleshoot.
    • Under Troubleshoot, click Reset this PC.
    • Choose between Keep my files and Remove everything.
    Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered

1. Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered - Similar Threads - Problem resetting recovery

2. I have a problem with image recovery on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with image recovery on my PC: Well, I want to recover my image to my PC via USB but when extracting the file it tells me that there is a corrupt file and it won't let me put it to USB Everything is normal here, I just put my corresponding number and I download it and it weighs 10GB. In the end I extract...
  3. I have a problem with image recovery on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with image recovery on my PC: Well, I want to recover my image to my PC via USB but when extracting the file it tells me that there is a corrupt file and it won't let me put it to USB Everything is normal here, I just put my corresponding number and I download it and it weighs 10GB. In the end I extract...
  4. PC was reset Dell suppprt recovery - how to remove 'registered' partial account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC was reset Dell suppprt recovery - how to remove 'registered' partial account: PC was Cmas gift - boot trouble -Account is screwed up . Used Dell support assist to scan hardware and then reset PC.Now can't sign-on at all. Windows finally real[zed that account is corrupt. Try to sign-on with another valid account but when i try to set a PJN get:...
  5. PC was reset Dell suppprt recovery - how to remove 'registered' partial account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC was reset Dell suppprt recovery - how to remove 'registered' partial account: PC was Cmas gift - boot trouble -Account is screwed up . Used Dell support assist to scan hardware and then reset PC.Now can't sign-on at all. Windows finally real[zed that account is corrupt. Try to sign-on with another valid account but when i try to set a PJN get:...
  6. PC was reset Dell suppprt recovery - how to remove 'registered' partial account

7. reset using surface recovery image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset using surface recovery image: Hi everyone,About a week again, I updated my computer Microsoft Surface Pro 5 - Windows 10. After using it for about a day, the Bluetooth stopped working and disappeared. I discovered this when my attached keyboard stopped responding. I disconnected it, cleaned it and...
  8. reset using surface recovery image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset using surface recovery image: Hi everyone,About a week again, I updated my computer Microsoft Surface Pro 5 - Windows 10. After using it for about a day, the Bluetooth stopped working and disappeared. I discovered this when my attached keyboard stopped responding. I disconnected it, cleaned it and...
  9. reset using surface recovery image

10. "There was a problem in resetting your PC" - Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "There was a problem in resetting your PC" - Windows Recovery: I want to reset my computer but there is a message saying "Required file are not trusted. The files certificate may have expired or the files might be modified by others." How can I fix it? Device: Dell Inspiron 15 3567 Windows 10 Version 2004 OS Build 20161.1000 [IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no recovery image registered