Windows 10: Problem resetting windows

Discus and support Problem resetting windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to reset Windows (remove files and clean drive). However, when it gets to a certain percentage, there is a blue screen that says,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pdyll98, May 18, 2019.

1. pdyll98 Win User

Problem resetting windows

Hi,

I am trying to reset Windows (remove files and clean drive). However, when it gets to a certain percentage, there is a blue screen that says, "There was a problem resetting your pc." Can someone help me with this issue, or tell me more information I need to provide for help?

Thanks

:)

pdyll98, May 18, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 18, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 18, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem resetting windows - Similar Threads - Problem resetting

2. Resetting problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting problem: I tried to reset my old computer this morning to just delete all of my personal files, and after it had finished, it restarted, but my account log on was still on the sign-in screen, however I could not log in, as I was faced with a "The User Profile Service service failed...
  3. Resetting problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting problem: I tried to reset my old computer this morning to just delete all of my personal files, and after it had finished, it restarted, but my account log on was still on the sign-in screen, however I could not log in, as I was faced with a "The User Profile Service service failed...
  4. Resetting problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC run into a problem we are collecting errors to reset it for you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC run into a problem we are collecting errors to reset it for you: Heyy.. my PC keeps encountering a problem where it suddenly needs to reset. It displays a message saying it's collecting error info and then proceeds to reset. There's also a loud sound accompanying this issue. Sometimes, the screen freezes and I can't click on anything,...
  6. PC run into a problem we are collecting errors to reset it for you

PC run into a problem we are collecting errors to reset it for you: Heyy.. my PC keeps encountering a problem where it suddenly needs to reset. It displays a message saying it's collecting error info and then proceeds to reset. There's also a loud sound accompanying this issue. Sometimes, the screen freezes and I can't click on anything,...
  7. PC run into a problem we are collecting errors to reset it for you

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 reset problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reset problem: Hi I bought my Asus vivobook go 15 laptop 8 months ago it works perfectly but few days ago my wallpaper changed suddenly I had bing wallpaper and in the settings when I search anything in that search bar it shows no results and I tried to change the default windows wallpaper...
  9. Windows 11 reset problem

Windows 11 reset problem: Hi I bought my Asus vivobook go 15 laptop 8 months ago it works perfectly but few days ago my wallpaper changed suddenly I had bing wallpaper and in the settings when I search anything in that search bar it shows no results and I tried to change the default windows wallpaper...
  10. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...