Windows 10: Problem restoring from backup

Discus and support Problem restoring from backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In order to fix an issue with my windows update on windows 10 I was advised through my virtual agent to make a backup of my computer on an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexanderDemirs, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Problem restoring from backup

In order to fix an issue with my windows update on windows 10 I was advised through my virtual agent to make a backup of my computer on an external hard drive and then reset my computer keeping nothing. I was able to successfully wipe my computer but I am now having trouble restoring my computer from the back up drive. I have a Seagate Backup Plus Drive that now has a FileHistory folder, complete with all my documents and programs. However when I open up my control panel or my settings to restore from FileHistory my computer is unable to find the folder. My computer is able to open the drive and my control panel recognizes the drive as a place to back up information, it appears as an option to create a new file history. When I turn on file history however it makes a new folder of a back up of my wiped machine and only lets me restore my computer from this nearly empty back up.

I have been trying to solve this problem for days and have already gone through the virtual agent. I really need to fix this as soon as possible since I am going back to college soon.

I have a couple of pictures showing what I am talking about Problem restoring from backup 7895525c-d7b0-415c-9cf8-2c433aa47afe?upload=true.png Problem restoring from backup 8d1cfc3e-623d-411f-8b1a-c09cfddc0383?upload=true.png Problem restoring from backup 6ab3b3b0-e836-4bc2-9053-f58a1609cf30?upload=true.png Problem restoring from backup da1a4e9a-3fd4-4c6e-b94c-84b1d6847c59?upload=true.png Problem restoring from backup e323882d-e0b7-4e6f-b20c-d0d49d3089d7?upload=true.png

:)

AlexanderDemirs, Aug 19, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Guitar Win User

Problem restoring from backup

Windows Backup Problems

Well I'm glad you don't, but this is in an environment where as little downtime as possible is wanted and it is much easier to restore an image with all programs and data then reinstall everything and settings and all.

Have you tried any steps to resolve it?

Guitar, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Problem restoring from backup

1. Problem restoring from backup - Similar Threads - Problem restoring backup

2. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  3. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  4. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  5. Restoring from a windows backup

Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  6. Restoring from a windows backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  7. Restoring from a windows backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Difficulty Restoring from Backup

Difficulty Restoring from Backup: Please be sympathetic with my lack of knowledge. But I will try my best to explain my issues. I have an old Lenovo Y580 laptop, which has been progressively slowing down each time a Windows update is issued. I know it is old, but I only do some basic computing (eg tax...
  9. Backup restore problems

Backup restore problems: I'm stumped. I made a win 10 system image and followed the process like the help page "How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device" suggested. But as soon as I tell it for perform the back up, I get this error message: "The specified...
  10. Restoring from backup not working?

Restoring from backup not working?: Hi, I am trying to use this to restore my laptop to an older version, but whenever I right click and select "Restore Options" nothing happens. I have tried various ways to restore using this file but I just cannot find one or it doesn't work. Please help :)...