Windows 10: Problem running Defrag from local account

Discus and support Problem running Defrag from local account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Trying to run Defrag from a local account, I am told: "To continue, enter an admin username and password." Both my pc Administrator logon and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grandpa Jim, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Problem running Defrag from local account

Trying to run Defrag from a local account, I am told: "To continue, enter an admin username and password." Both my pc Administrator logon and my Microsoft Account logon [email address] are listed--but with no way to check either one. ONLY "Enter Password" appears. I'm also invited to check a Yes or No box. I enter the Administrator Account PIN [I don't use a password] and click "Yes." Then I am repeatedly informed that "The user name or password are incorrect." How to fix this?
    PS: I believe this issue started after the latest Features Update. Could it be a "bug" that will shortly be corrected?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Mar 1, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Problem running Defrag from local account

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Problem running Defrag from local account

1. Problem running Defrag from local account - Similar Threads - Problem running Defrag

2. Defrag runs constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defrag runs constantly: Win10 64. Defrag runs constantly, grinding away at my hard drives for no reason. The both drives are 0% fragmented, except for system reserved files which are 40% fragmented and defrag will not touch them. The Defrag is OFF, how do I stop the system running defrag every time...
  3. Defrag runs constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defrag runs constantly: Win10 64. Defrag runs constantly, grinding away at my hard drives for no reason. The both drives are 0% fragmented, except for system reserved files which are 40% fragmented and defrag will not touch them. The Defrag is OFF, how do I stop the system running defrag every time...
  4. Defrag runs constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Defragment running on the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Defragment running on the background: Disk Defragment running on the background, and taking up 70% CPU and 40% RAM. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defragment-running-on-the-background/78feffd5-93b7-4c7c-a8fb-2bdd49dc6c83
  6. Disk Defragment running on the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Defragment running on the background: Disk Defragment running on the background, and taking up 70% CPU and 40% RAM. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defragment-running-on-the-background/78feffd5-93b7-4c7c-a8fb-2bdd49dc6c83
  7. Disk and defrag problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk and defrag problem: My hard disk response time and usage so high i tried cmd like scannow even did reset whole pc windows again but didnt fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-defrag-problem/82db8693-2e98-46cb-9aa6-5d347f4e65dc
  8. Local account problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local account problems: So I got my PC back in 2017 and little me forgot to note the password to my computer. I am now trying to reset it but I can't do so without the local account password that I do not have. The help but doesn't understand my question and I cannot find how to contact Microsoft...
  9. Local Account Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Account Problem: I am trying to create a local account but the OS is not letting me. Why? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-problem/dda5d756-8c26-4465-a073-b5d6f3c72201
  10. Running as a local Admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Running as a local Admin account: I am running Windows 10, currently running as a local Admin account and I am the only one using the machine. However, I am thinking to run as a Limited User instead by creating another User account as making that as an Admin account. Couple of questions though. 1). My...