Windows 10: Problem running recovery on windows 10

Discus and support Problem running recovery on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I run system recovery from my USB flash drive it goes through the process and then comes back saying unable to reset computer nothing has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OGNayNay, Nov 11, 2020.

1. OGNayNay Win User

Problem running recovery on windows 10

When I run system recovery from my USB flash drive it goes through the process and then comes back saying unable to reset computer nothing has been changed try advanced options or turn off your PC. So when I do turn it off and restart it without the flash drive it comes back saying no boot disk found and it comes up saying reimage your computer an internal error occurred with error code status_wait_3 0x80070003. How do I fix this?

:)

OGNayNay, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem running recovery on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem running recovery

2. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk: Win 10 OS, was updating OS and system rebooted and froze during boot up. Tried Cnt/Alt/Del to shut down system, no success. Finally had to just shut PC off. Now it won't boot up. since I've had this system for several years, I cannot find my recovery thumbdrive most likely...
  3. Cannot run Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot run Windows Recovery: My access PIN stopped working after an update and now I cannot run Windows recovery because I cannot access my old account from the recovery option.What can I do?...
  4. Problems Running Windows File Recovery app

Problems Running Windows File Recovery app: I recently downloaded the Windows File Recovery app from the Microsoft store, but when I open it the programs opens a program called Command Center and wants a command to get started after it shows the prompt: C\WINDOWS\system32>. Can anyone provide the command to enter...
  5. Windows 10 recovery problem..

Windows 10 recovery problem..: I have lenovo yoga 520.I am trying to restore it from recovery pen drive but every time it stuck on 30% for 4 hours and then failed. Now I am not able to open my pc and from boot manager I don't find my hard disk .Always it find for recovery media. Please help me....
  6. Windows 10 Installation /Recovery problem

Windows 10 Installation /Recovery problem: Hello recently I bought a new Samsung m.2 ssd which I wanted to use as the boot drive so I used the samsung data migration tool to clone my hdd hnto the ssd, somewhere about 30% I think, the PC crashed and now it won't boot back up, both drives are corrupted. I tried...
  7. windows 10 recovery problem

windows 10 recovery problem: Hi dear Sir! I've installed a professional software related to my job on surface pro 4. since then my PC has experienced low operating speed! I tried to uninstall newly installed software without success. then I decided to reset my PC, but there is a problem; resetting...
  8. Windows 10 recovery disc problem

Windows 10 recovery disc problem: Have tried to use a SanDisk 64 GB USB memory to generate a Recovery disk, The system generates a disk. I have not tried to use it yet, but the system in the process now has reformat the disk as a 32 GB drive, the other 32 GB has vanished!! Have tried this several times with...
  9. Windows 10 system recovery running for hours

Windows 10 system recovery running for hours: Running Windows 10 system recovery to point just before last update. Has been running for hours and just now states it’s working on the registry. Let it keep running or do something else?...
  10. Problem Running Windows Recovery from ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Running Windows Recovery from ISO: I am trying to incorporate the Windows recovery disc ISOs into an all-in-one grub recovery disc. I have already included WinXP-PE, Win7PE and Win10PE, plus every conceivable utility and malware removal program that I can find. I decided I wanted to add the Windows recovery...