Windows 10: Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad

Discus and support Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 pro and l have noticed that I can no longer scroll "in" the windows explorer window. The only way to scroll is to put the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by llanelliboy, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad

I'm using windows 10 pro and l have noticed that I can no longer scroll "in" the windows explorer window. The only way to scroll is to put the mouse pointer over the scroll bar, then I'm able to scroll up and down but its inconvenient. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING IN THE WINDOWS EXPLORER WINDOW. THE TOUCHPAD IS FINE IN EVERY OTHER APPLICATION AND PROGRAMI can use the touchpad to scroll in any other app like word or excel. I ran 'reset this pc' and checked that I have the current driver version installed but the problem persists.

:)

llanelliboy, Jul 1, 2022

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 1, 2022
  3. Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade

Well, there's more to report.... and possibly progress, although with a slight twist.

A conversation in another thread with @Try3 led me to a guide he had produced here about searching for drivers (in this case for a touchpad) using the Hardware ID.

So I found the ID for my touchpad and went looking. I couldn't find anything through a search on the Synaptics site. But the search led me to one or two download sites (filehippo was the one I went to) which apparently offered drivers for this touchpad. I downloaded v.19.2.17.59 - and installed it.

To my slight surprise, and great relief, the touchpad works with this more recent driver. The good news is - it now also scrolls properly in the Win10 Start Menu and in Settings pages, and in the MS Store - all the UWP-designed apps where scrolling didn't previously work.

The weird news is that in Device Manager the touchpad is now listed as a Dell touchpad. The driver still shows as manufactured by Synaptics. But the Synaptics tab for additional settings (with all the options listed in my earlier post #9) has gone.

I suppose if I had followed @Bastet 's advice to try the Precision touchpad driver, something similar would have happened?

Anyway - I suppose this is a step forward, in that the scrolling problem is resolved. No help from either the Samsung support or Synaptics websites, but ultimately this forum has both identified the cause of the problem (UWP apps - thanks @jbcarreon123 ) and suggested a solution (thanks @Try3 ) albeit carrying a Dell label.

br1anstorm, Jul 1, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 1, 2022
Thema:

Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad

1. Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad - Similar Threads - Problem scrolling explorer

2. Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad: I'm using windows 10 pro and l have noticed that I can no longer scroll "in" the windows explorer window. The only way to scroll is to put the mouse pointer over the scroll bar, then I'm able to scroll up and down but its inconvenient. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING IN...
  3. Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem scrolling in windows explorer using touchpad: I'm using windows 10 pro and l have noticed that I can no longer scroll "in" the windows explorer window. The only way to scroll is to put the mouse pointer over the scroll bar, then I'm able to scroll up and down but its inconvenient. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING IN...
  4. touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers: hi i am gautami have an problem to use touchpad .I cannot use touchpad i want to scroll with 2 fingers but i doesn't plz give e a solution with step by step...
  5. touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers: hi i am gautami have an problem to use touchpad .I cannot use touchpad i want to scroll with 2 fingers but i doesn't plz give e a solution with step by step...
  6. Touchpad not scrolling

Touchpad not scrolling: Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang....
  7. scrolling on touchpad

scrolling on touchpad: Lost two finger scrolling...settings not available for touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-on-touchpad/63e43673-c34a-4fee-8b9e-27598a5b7712
  8. Touchpad scroll

Touchpad scroll: [IMG]I can’t use the two finger scroll on my laptop I tried many things as going to control panel and device and printers >> mouse and I cannot find device settings tab ! Also i tried the pointers method and didn’t work...
  9. Problem in touchpad scrolling

Problem in touchpad scrolling: My touchpad was working fine but today I am not able to scroll using it , also the cursor stucks for sometime at a point , at that point I can use left and right but cannot move it using touchpad . Also there are no new driver updates available so as to install them. I am...
  10. Problems with scrolling and Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with scrolling and Windows Explorer: Hello. Recently I have run into a problem with a few folders in my computer. I have my files organized by type and when I try to scroll through the file types, the folder will freeze necessitating a restarting of Windows Explorer on the Task Manager. This problem doesn't...