Windows 10: Problem seeing WD PR4100 NAS in Windows 10

Discus and support Problem seeing WD PR4100 NAS in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just recently replaced my hard drive, and did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809. I have been unable to see my WD PR4100 to read files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James Holden (jtholden), Dec 16, 2018.

1. Problem seeing WD PR4100 NAS in Windows 10

I just recently replaced my hard drive, and did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809. I have been unable to see my WD PR4100 to read files, although I can access the drive via IP address for admin purposes. I enabled the Administrator account on my laptop, logged in, and am able to see, read and write to the drive without issue. When I returned to my regular user account (with Administrator status), I was back to square one without being able to see, read or write to the drive.

Any ideas as to what my problem is? It seems like I’ve got a configuration issue somewhere, and it should be a simple fix, but I’m completely at a loss and can’t seem to find another expression of this problem, much less a solution.

Thanks for your suggestions!

:)

James Holden (jtholden), Dec 16, 2018

2. Cannot see NAS drives after intalling build 10.0.10586

I have seven win 10 machines in my household. After updating 3 of the machines from 10.0.10240 to 10.0.10586 they lost the ability to see all of the NAS drives (2 Dlinks, one Lenovo and one WD My Cloud) in windows explorer. The un-updated machines continue
    to access the NAS drives as before but the updated machines cannot see the NAS drives. Are there any suggestions before I start randomly changing the settings to get NAS access back?

Thanks.

JohnWilcox49, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I have recently purchased a 4 bay NAS drive. Whilst I can access the drive with the bundled software I can't see the drive as a network attached device in the Windows 10 file explorer. I have previously had a WD Mybook Live and an LG NAS running fine in
    Windows 7 & 8. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

ninetofortytwo, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Problem seeing WD PR4100 NAS in Windows 10

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Problem seeing WD PR4100 NAS in Windows 10

1. Problem seeing WD PR4100 NAS in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem seeing PR4100

2. Network credentials in relation to WD NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network credentials in relation to WD NAS: When I try to open my documents on my WD MyCloud Mirror, I am asked to enter my network credentials. I cannot find what there are- where would I locate them?...
  3. Problem with WD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with WD: I ran a virus test file today on my wife's laptop. The threat already removed but after the scan WD keep detecting the threat, even though thread already removed. [img] As you can see in the screenshot, scan result "no threat found", but it's still there in "Current...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer can't see my WD NAS device.

Windows 10 File Explorer can't see my WD NAS device.: Windows 10 File Explorer can't see my WD NAS device. It sees OneDrive OK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-cant-see-my-wd-nas-device/fa55f244-4805-48aa-a1f0-bdb39b81dcfb
  5. Windows 10 Network Credentials Access Denied to connect to WD NAS

Windows 10 Network Credentials Access Denied to connect to WD NAS: I am using windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1903 and want to use 6TB WD NAS as Map Drive to my Desktop pc. i already did the following: 1. turned off the password protected sharing 2. uninstall anti virus 3. turned off firewall 4. i add the username and passwd in credential manager...
  6. WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10: I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my backup software. When I attempt to open the My Book Live, a browser window opens with the drive's login page and then the...
  7. Can't see the NAS

Can't see the NAS: Hi, I just bought a Surface Book2 (Win10 and update), I can't find my NAS or any other device through my network. I have checked through the advance network sharing setting and also adjusted the FDPHost & FDResPub into automatically. The NAS & other devices can show...
  8. Unable to access NAS (WD Mycloud)

Unable to access NAS (WD Mycloud): I recently acquired and installed a WD Mycloud for the purpose of backing up all my computers, including my company's notebook. I cannot get the company notebook (Win 10 Enterprise) to see the Mycloud device. It does see all the other devices on my home network. All my other...
  9. Not seeing NAS drive

Not seeing NAS drive: Hello Peeps So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7 installed. The laptop with Win10 will see my house router, as does all the other machines, but won't see my Seagate NAS drive that...
  10. Win 10 not seeing NAS

Win 10 not seeing NAS: Hello Looking for some assistance, thought myself fairly intelligent *092 but this is stumping me. Have a couple of Laptops running Win 7 (lovely software) and one running this muck called win 10. I have a Seagate NAS drive on my network that all other laptops are mapped...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mycloud pr4100 not visible in windows network

2. cannot get to files on wd pr4100 in explorer

3. wd nas windows 10

4. pr4100 cannot login or access drive,
  5. pr4100 not showing in file explorer,
  6. how can i view files on pv on pr4100,
  7. how to map pr4100 drives on windows 10,
  8. wd pr4100 not showing on computer,
  9. connect to mycloud pr4100 win 10,
  10. how to map map drive to PR41000,
  11. access files on pr4100,