Windows 10: Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions

Discus and support Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just used Partition Magic to reconfigure my partitions as shown below: [img] The 925GB recovery partition is no longer recognised - see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions

I just used Partition Magic to reconfigure my partitions as shown below:

Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions [​IMG]

The 925GB recovery partition is no longer recognised - see the reagentc reconfiguration command below:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsREREAGENTC.EXE: The Windows RE image cannot be stored in the specified volume. Use the RETAIN command in DISKPART to prepare the volume and try again.

How do I proceed from here to restore a working recovery partition?

:)

Steve C, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Mar 15, 2019
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions :)

RyoTakagi, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions

Win 7 sys. recovery partition

Ok everytime I install an OS I reformat the hdd and delete all partitions. When Win 7 is fully installed it creates it's own "system recovery" partition. But this time it didn't*Confused Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions :confused: I know how to create partitions, so can I create one for the recovery and will the os recognize it as a recovery partition?

t77snapshot, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions

1. Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions - Similar Threads - Problem Setting Recovery

2. How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...: After getting a Windows update error 0x80070643 when trying to update my version of windows after looking online I followed the KB5028997 instructions to manually resize the portion to install the WinRE update. After doing this the recovery partition has become its own...
  3. How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...: After getting a Windows update error 0x80070643 when trying to update my version of windows after looking online I followed the KB5028997 instructions to manually resize the portion to install the WinRE update. After doing this the recovery partition has become its own...
  4. How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving the Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the Recovery Partition: HiI need to move the recovery partition to the left because I need free space at the end of the drive.Will moving this prevent "Windows Reset" from working in future? If so, how do I prevent this?...
  6. Moving the Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving the Recovery Partition: HiI need to move the recovery partition to the left because I need free space at the end of the drive.Will moving this prevent "Windows Reset" from working in future? If so, how do I prevent this?...
  7. Move C:\Recovery\* to Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move C:\Recovery\* to Recovery partition: Hi, I have the recovery partition but the recovery file are in the C: filesystem. I don't know if it uses the recovery partition but I would like to move from C: to the recovery partition to save some space. It's possible? 176302
  8. Moving a Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving a Recovery Partition: Hi! Is there any way for me to move the recovery partition whatsoever on Disk 0? I want to merge E: with the unallocated space on the other side of it but I can't because the partition is in the way.[ATTACH]...
  9. Move recovery partition - is it possible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move recovery partition - is it possible?: I upgraded a couple days ago from a 250 GB HDD to a 500 GB SSD. I imaged the old drive using the Windows Image toolControl Panel -> System and Security -> Backup & Restore -> Create system image and then I restored the image to the new drive. The only problem is that it also...
  10. Move recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move recovery partition?: Just installed a new M.2 SSD into an MSI GE72 laptop running Windows 10. First used MSI's Burn Recovery tool to copy the recovery to a USB flash drive. Restored onto the SSD and wiped the HDD. The resulting partitions on the SSD are shown in the attached image. So I end up...