Windows 10: Problem setting up an analog mic in a laptop.

Discus and support Problem setting up an analog mic in a laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I need a solution to this problem that has had me in pain for the last few hours. I recently bought an analog microphone to use with my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luis Vega_816, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Problem setting up an analog mic in a laptop.

Hi!

I need a solution to this problem that has had me in pain for the last few hours.

I recently bought an analog microphone to use with my laptop for better audio quality on the constant web meetings I have in the daily. The mic arrived and when I plugged it in to my laptop it appeared to work fine. But then I tried playing a youtube video and there was no sound coming out of my speakers. So naturally I go to the settings and see what is the problem. It appears that my realtek driver allows me to separate different input devices such as my integrated microphone and the external one that its connected. However, that doesn't seem to be the case when it comes to output devices.

The thing is that the laptop treats everything that is connected to the 3.5 mm port as an unique device that should be treated as a speaker. For example, I'll connect some headphones. They work perfectly but when I go to see the list of devices they are shown the same as the integrated speakers literally the only device I can select is Realtek Speakers. So no separate devices for output at all. The worst part comes when I connect the external mic to the port, the computer thinks is a speaker and therefore redirects the sound to it even though it won't work because it is not a speaker, it is a mic -_-

I'm honestly getting desperate for trying to find a solution. I already even tried setting things up in the realtek audio manager as there is an option to treat both input and output as separate devices. BUT MINE WON'T GIVE ME THE OPTION FOR THE OUTPUT, JUST THE INPUT.

Btw, I already tried reinstalling the realtek driver and had no luck at all.

Thanks

:)

Luis Vega_816, Nov 1, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Aman Win User
    Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Aman, Nov 1, 2020
  4. jooi312 Win User

Problem setting up an analog mic in a laptop.

USB Mic Problems.

im having the same problem as well, gone through all the steps listed but still no luck unfortunately.
    If anyone finds a solution please post it up Problem setting up an analog mic in a laptop. :)

jooi312, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Problem setting up an analog mic in a laptop.

1. Problem setting up an analog mic in a laptop. - Similar Threads - Problem setting analog

2. Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11: Wanting to set up and use my wireless blutooth headset's microphone i of course tried to set up my mic. The "Get Started" button immidietly opens the speech troubleshooter and asks a question on whether cortana can hear me or vice versa. Clicking on "I cant hear Cortana"...
  3. Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11: Wanting to set up and use my wireless blutooth headset's microphone i of course tried to set up my mic. The "Get Started" button immidietly opens the speech troubleshooter and asks a question on whether cortana can hear me or vice versa. Clicking on "I cant hear Cortana"...
  4. Error setting up Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error setting up Mic: My mic stopped working and when I went to Settings/Speech/Microphone and clicked Get Started, I get the error below. Please advise.Error Code: 0x80004003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-setting-up-mic/35dc63bf-f1ee-44a2-82cd-2c067abd38a9
  5. Error setting up Mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error setting up Mic: My mic stopped working and when I went to Settings/Speech/Microphone and clicked Get Started, I get the error below. Please advise.Error Code: 0x80004003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-setting-up-mic/35dc63bf-f1ee-44a2-82cd-2c067abd38a9
  6. Error setting up Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Trying to set up a mic with my laptop

Trying to set up a mic with my laptop: I've been trying to get a pair of earbuds with a built-in microphone to work on my Windows 10 ASUS laptop. I've gone through countless fix-its and troubleshooting but nothing seems to work. When I plug my headphones in, the usual audio device pop-up appears but my...
  8. mic set-up

mic set-up: The voice detection step can't hear me. Troubleshooter doesn't detect a problem, but the problem might be that Windows is convinced the jack is on the front of my computer and it isn't....
  9. Mic/Webcam set up

Mic/Webcam set up: Hi, My wife is working from home, she's using her Win 10 Samsung laptop, but struggling for webcam & mic set up. This is pictures of whats happening. first one is the error, 2nd is the options, then the next 2 are in the security when you click manage, just can't get them to...
  10. Problems setting up replacement laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems setting up replacement laptop: I have been trying to set up my new upgraded HP laptop and all went well until it asked for my email address. I entered my main Hotmail account but it wouldn't let me use it! So I used my secondary Gmail account which I only use for Ebay. Firstly I had a problem with my...