Windows 10: Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account

Discus and support Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Haing an issue trying to improve the security of my PC by adding Windows Hello. I get a message in settings which tells me 'this option is currently... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChubbyChappie, May 20, 2024.

1. Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account

Haing an issue trying to improve the security of my PC by adding Windows Hello. I get a message in settings which tells me 'this option is currently unavailable-click to learn more' then 'Sorry-this option isnt working for your organisations resources. Tap or click here to fix it' This is the case for Hello PIN / Face/Fingerprint.This then takes me to a logon using the work email I do not wish to use this and have no control over IT decisions made by them!. The offending email appears under accounts used by other Apps next to a Windows motif.I have tried removing it-this does not disappear u

:)

ChubbyChappie, May 20, 2024

2. Wake problem and default account

Hello! My name is Cristiano. I'm an Independent Advisor. I'm glad to help you.

Let's tackle those problems one by one:

1. Wake Problem:

Make sure you've checked the following:

- Go to Settings and verify that both your mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake up the computer. It's good that you've already done this.

- Additionally, check the USB settings in the same location. There might be multiple USB devices listed, so it can be a bit confusing. Ensure that the USB you're using is allowed to wake the computer.

- It's great that you've also checked for driver updates. Keeping your mouse and keyboard drivers up to date is essential for optimal performance.

If the problem persists, also check this:

- Check if there are any power settings in the BIOS that may be affecting wake-up behavior.

- Try connecting your mouse and keyboard to different USB ports on your computer and see if that makes any difference.

2. Phantom Default Account:

To address this, try the following steps:

- Open the Settings and go to Accounts. Under the "Your info" section, ensure that your working account is selected and set as the default.

- If you don't see the phantom account listed there, it might be associated with MSN Explorer. In that case, you can try uninstalling MSN Explorer and see if it resolves the issue.

- If the problem persists, you can try creating a new user account and transferring your files and settings to the new account. This can help you bypass the phantom default account issue.

I hope these suggestions help!

Cristiano Rocha1, May 20, 2024
  3. How to set Windows Hello default to FACE not PIN.

I'm running Windows 11 rather than 10 so I can't actually try this, but chat in Bing is telling me to do this: ======================== To set facial recognition as the default sign-in option in Windows Hello, please follow these steps: Open Settings by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon. Click on Accounts. Select Sign-in options from the left-hand menu. Under Windows Hello, click on Set up for Face. Follow the prompts to set up facial recognition. Once you have set up facial recognition, click on Require sign-in under Sign-in options. Select Never under Require sign-in. After completing these steps, your device should default to facial recognition as the sign-in option. Please note that if you have a PIN set up, you will still be able to use it as an alternative sign-in option. ======================== Please let me know if this helps!

hsehestedt, May 20, 2024
  4. cereberus Win User

Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account

How to set Windows Hello default to FACE not PIN.

@caseym54 Bear in mind facial recognition requires an infrared capable camera on laptop. It will not work with standard laptop cameras or an external camera even if ir capable. My works pc has it and it is great. Regrettably my personal laptop does not have an ir capable camera.

cereberus, May 20, 2024
Thema:

Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account

1. Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account - Similar Threads - Problem setting Hello

2. Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account: Haing an issue trying to improve the security of my PC by adding Windows Hello. I get a message in settings which tells me 'this option is currently unavailable-click to learn more' then 'Sorry-this option isnt working for your organisations resources. Tap or click here to...
  3. Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem setting up Windows Hello as defaulting to work account: Haing an issue trying to improve the security of my PC by adding Windows Hello. I get a message in settings which tells me 'this option is currently unavailable-click to learn more' then 'Sorry-this option isnt working for your organisations resources. Tap or click here to...
  4. Windows Hello Pin set up problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin set up problems: Hi,In Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options on my computer I have been trying to set up a Windows Hello Pin so I can log in with it. However, the only option it shows is "Set up". I click on "Set up" - a pop up saying "Create a PIN" shows up and I click on next. Then, a popup...
  5. Windows Hello Pin set up problems

Windows Hello Pin set up problems: Hi,In Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options on my computer I have been trying to set up a Windows Hello Pin so I can log in with it. However, the only option it shows is "Set up". I click on "Set up" - a pop up saying "Create a PIN" shows up and I click on next. Then, a popup...
  6. Windows Hello Setting Up Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Setting Up Problem: Hello, I've been having some problem with setting up my Windows Hello. I'm using a Huawei Matebook D15 and the problem I keep on having is that it keeps on asking me to change my PIN even though I'm using my own personal laptop. So after I changed my PIN I want to change it...
  7. Windows Hello Setting Up Problem

Windows Hello Setting Up Problem: Hello, I've been having some problem with setting up my Windows Hello. I'm using a Huawei Matebook D15 and the problem I keep on having is that it keeps on asking me to change my PIN even though I'm using my own personal laptop. So after I changed my PIN I want to change it...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working: Hi - I'm attempting to setup my fingerprint sensor for my Acer Spin 3 laptop. The laptop is equipped with a fingerprint sensor, yet when I attempt to set it up, I am required to click 'get started' - nothing happens when I click this button. I have attempted reinstalling...
  9. Account Protection - Set up Windows Hello for your account to work correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Protection - Set up Windows Hello for your account to work correctly: Hello All, I am getting this annoying "Windows Security - Action needed." icon on the bottom right taskbar. When i double click this icon, I get the security at a glance pop up window with the big red x under account protection. When I click on setup, I get this wizard to...
  10. Windows Hello Set Up Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Set Up Not Working: Hello, My computer seemed to randomly stop recognizing me with the camera when signing in through windows hello. Now when I try to set up it repeatedly gives me the same message. "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again."...