Windows 10: Problem signing in to Cortana

Discus and support Problem signing in to Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I am not able to sign in to Cortana using my personal Microsoft account but when I sign in using my work account it works fine. [ATTACH] This is what... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ankit_172, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Ankit_172 Win User

Problem signing in to Cortana

I am not able to sign in to Cortana using my personal Microsoft account but when I sign in using my work account it works fine.

Problem signing in to Cortana 482a87c5-4334-470a-9e1c-a481c314f83b?upload=true.jpg

This is what it shows when I sign in using my personal account. And

Problem signing in to Cortana aeb14761-0933-40e7-91bc-6de47e63a896?upload=true.jpg

This is it working perfectly with my work account.

How do I fix it??

:)

Ankit_172, Jan 9, 2021

2. Can't sign-in to Cortana

We're glad to hear that you were now able to sign-in to Cortana. Regarding the issue with Cortana that doesn't respond to you sometimes, you may try the steps listed on this
    link.

If the issue persists, you can proceed to the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 9, 2021
  3. cortana problem after the update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are facing problem with Cortana on your PC.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Cortana's regions and languages

Also perform these steps and check:

1. Click on Cortana icon on the taskbar and sign in with your Microsoft Account
    2. If you still receive the same message, go to Microsoft Store and search for Cortana.
    3. Click on the Get button, and install the update from the Store
    4. Launch Cortana, sign into it.

If the issue persists then reinstall/re-register Cortana.

1. Press Windows + X key and click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Copy and paste the below command and press Enter key:
    Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. Restart the PC and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Cortana sign in

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

It would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• Can you give the exact steps that lead to this happening?

• Is this when you try to sign in to Cortana for the first time and when you sign in with an MSA?

• Are you able to sign in to your Microsoft account from places other than Cortana?
    Cortana is the inbuilt app which comes in Windows 10 and Windows Phone. In order to use Cortana app, you need to sign in to Microsoft account so that we can use Cortana.

Reply us back with more information. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem signing in to Cortana - Similar Threads - Problem signing Cortana

2. Cortana sign in

in Cortana
    Cortana sign in: Hey everyone, So recently I've notice Cortana is having some issues after attempting to sign in, like just hanging on what seems to be an overloading home page. I click the cortana button on my taskbar and this happens: https://ibb.co/tLZQs6k Cortana will load in and ask...
  3. Cortana Sign in issue

in Cortana
    Cortana Sign in issue: When I updated my Laptop to windows 10 version 2004 and opened the Cortana apllication, I was asked to sign in with an account.I choose my account and hit the continue button after few seconds it displays that Cortana isn't available with this account.The Office 365 mailbox...
  4. Unable to Sign Into Cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to Sign Into Cortana: When I tried to Sign into Cortana on PC, this is what it said "Minors aren't allowed to use their accounts here. You can still use this account to sign in to Microsoft services such as ........ If you're actually an adult visit account.live.com/ep to change your age." I...
  5. cant sign in to cortana

in Cortana
    cant sign in to cortana: every time I try to sign in to Cortana they say that I am a minor ……… I'm 18 ? how come I'm a minor???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-to-cortana/d50cdc86-6831-4bba-9ff2-ff6f1fddffc7"
  6. Cortana sign in

in Cortana
    Cortana sign in: When I sign in to Cortana, it says that minors are not allowed to use their Microsoft accounts with it. A simple Bing search shows that the minimum age needed to use it is 13 and I am 15. I have checked my age in my Microsoft account and it is right. It shows the following...
  7. Sign in issues with Cortana.

in Cortana
    Sign in issues with Cortana.: When I try to use cortana it says I need to sign in but I am already signed in. ***Title modified from: cortana requires me to sign in*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-issues-with-cortana/fabfbd86-e0a2-4b0a-83b0-0fbf34fdab2f"
  8. Unable to sign in to cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to sign in to cortana: I am 17 years old as of now and I tried logging in into Cortana. But i am getting a message that I am a minor. As far as I know anyone above 13yrs can use Cortana. Also I have recieved error 0x80190005. I am looking forward for a solution to my problem. Thank you...
  9. Can Not Sign In To Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Not Sign In To Cortana: When I click on Cortana, in the start menu, It asks me to sign in. But the sign in screen flashes and I can't sign in. 13207
  10. Cortana Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Problem: When setting up "Hey Cortana" I followed some bogus instructions. I typed "Activate Hey Cortana" in the search box. Now it thinks my name is: Activate Hey Cortana. I can't figure out how to change that, and get my real name in there. 3794