Windows 10: problem solving screen not coming on at start up

Discus and support problem solving screen not coming on at start up in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; didnt know where to put this as im not sure of the problem ive just upgraded a few pc parts and was hoping the problem might just go away, it didnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Maximusheadroom, Mar 22, 2020.

1. problem solving screen not coming on at start up

didnt know where to put this as im not sure of the problem

ive just upgraded a few pc parts and was hoping the problem might just go away, it didnt not suprisingly probably as i didnt upgrade the gpu or the monitor,

whenever i start the pc up after its been turned for a while the monitor dosent start up properly, somtimes just unpluggining it works, sometimes i have to unplug it several times, or restart the pc a couple of times

monitor is connected to the gpu using DVI ive tried changing that to hdmi but when i do the resolution is wrong 800x600 i think and cant change it as the display resolution is greyed out

:)

Maximusheadroom, Mar 22, 2020
  2. mora67 Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

problem solving screen not coming on at start up [​IMG]

mora67, Mar 22, 2020
  3. zinou Win User

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

zinou, Mar 22, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

problem solving screen not coming on at start up

I think one of this suggestions may solve your problem, but try first with the powershell command. let it run overnight. If no result, then continue with the next steps ...

zinou, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

problem solving screen not coming on at start up

1. problem solving screen not coming on at start up - Similar Threads - problem solving screen

2. problem solving screen not coming on at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    problem solving screen not coming on at start up: didnt know where to put this as im not sure of the problem ive just upgraded a few pc parts and was hoping the problem might just go away, it didnt not suprisingly probably as i didnt upgrade the gpu or the monitor, whenever i start the pc up after its been turned for a...
  3. Program not starting up at logon/start? HOW COME?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program not starting up at logon/start? HOW COME?: HI New to the forums *Smile I am running win 10 ( 1607 ) on a Lenovo thinkpad tablet. I am using it in my car for satnav, music etc. I would like to have the car frontend software ( centrafuse - old but ok ) start when the tablet boots, but I cannot seem to get this...
  4. start up problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    start up problem: hello windows i have a problem that after starting the windows every time a pop up notification is coming written as WINDOWS DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS FOUND THREADS... So i scanned my device and there was no viruses.. i also runned advanced scan but nothing found . I need...
  5. sign in screen doesn't come up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in screen doesn't come up: I installed a windows 10 update last month and since my computer often times out if i step away for 10 minutes. This is true even if a download is in progress or a program is in operation. What is worse is that it won't progress to the sign on screen when I try to log back...
  6. start up blank screen problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start up blank screen problem.: After running my laptop, the BIOS setup loaded. But the windows operating system(windows 10 home) not boot. after, i turn off my laptop with long press power button.but, if i second time press the power button, booting normally.please help me about this problem?...
  7. Start-up screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up screen: A start-up screen wastes time by filling up with program icons that I do not want. How do I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/start-up-screen/0e0e8efa-41d5-4dc7-81fe-c48add885755
  8. Login screen slow to come up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login screen slow to come up?: Hi, I have the PIN page setup to show on my machine. The screens go into standby after a while - and when I come back to the machine, I have to press something on my keyboard - then wait about 4-5 seconds for the screen to come up - before I can actually enter my PIN. On...
  9. Black screen problem solved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen problem solved: If after upgrading to Windows 10, you have the black screen but can see your mouse, then this is for you. After upgrading to Windows 10, I noticed that my mouse cursor could go a little bit to the left of my left most monitor. This reminded me of my days of using Linux....
  10. Problems with Start Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Start Up: I stopped using the desktop in Win8.1 (apart from those apps that still open it to start) With Win10 , the desktop appears automatically on start up and also if you close an app. This always needs an extra keystroke to get back to the start screen. Is there any way of...