Windows 10: problem start button

Discus and support problem start button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cant press the windows button on the bottom left and i cant click on the magnifying glass......... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichalKudlík, Mar 7, 2020.

1. problem start button

I cant press the windows button on the bottom left and i cant click on the magnifying glass......

:)

MichalKudlík, Mar 7, 2020

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Tilghman Win User
    Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Mar 7, 2020
  4. twiggs462 Win User

problem start button

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

problem start button

1. problem start button - Similar Threads - problem start button

2. The usual Start Search button problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The usual Start Search button problems: I am really getting pissed off with Windows now. I have an old laptop running Windows 8.1. I replaced it with a new laptop running Windows 11, then put Windows 10 on my old laptop. Nothing but trouble since then, with both laptops. Both have trouble with the Start and Search...
  3. The usual Start Search button problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The usual Start Search button problems: I am really getting pissed off with Windows now. I have an old laptop running Windows 8.1. I replaced it with a new laptop running Windows 11, then put Windows 10 on my old laptop. Nothing but trouble since then, with both laptops. Both have trouble with the Start and Search...
  4. Have a problem with start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have a problem with start button: hi when i press the start button where is located the button to close the pc, something is wrong, you know when you press tab and is swiping trough buttons, that does to me, but i don't press , and it makes with the file explorer search bar too and when i open settings,...
  5. Problems with the start button.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with the start button.: Hey there, I'm having an issue with my pc where if i let it idle for more than 10 minutes or so, the start button stops working and if try to restart windows explorer it just crashes entirely. The pc also gets stuck if i try and shut it down or restart it after it's the...
  6. START BUTTON Problem

START BUTTON Problem: Hi, about one month ago after last updating my PC's START BUTTON does not work! I did anything the I searched about this problem but I could not fix it and also surprisingly RUN as administrator disappeared. how can I fix it? please help me. Thank you....
  7. Problems with Windows start button

Problems with Windows start button: Since last update I have not been able to use the Windows start button. It stays gray/black all the time. Only able to right click, but does not open with normal click. [ATTACH] I have tried all the normal things to restart windows, checked upgrades etc. Nothing has changed...
  8. start button problem on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    start button problem on windows 10: i was watching a movie on vlc 3 days ago, i accidently pressed alt gr button maybe or ctrl button i dont remember, since then after i log into windows, the start button, ctrl button,alt and alt gr produce a notification sound after they are pressed and responds after 3rd...
  9. problem with lost icons and start button

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with lost icons and start button: I have been using windows 10 for a few months now and this problem has happened twice now. The computer starts running very slowly and when I click on the start button = nothing happens so there is no way to shut the machine down except to shut it off. Also, I have lost the...
  10. Problems with start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with start button: Just taken delivery of a new HP Pavilion x2 detachable 10-n000na and having trouble at times powering up.The power button hardly protrudes from the case and sometimes when I press the button it fails to respond.Is there any sequence for start up that I am failing to use. 27316