Windows 10: Problem starting Edge

Discus and support Problem starting Edge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Description Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, version: 11.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0xceb8cbe1 Faulting module name: unknown, version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JPickett60, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Problem starting Edge

Description
    Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, version: 11.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0xceb8cbe1
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000604
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
    Faulting process id: 0x7c8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d52c19383d63c1
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 5b199db1-fba5-4f64-a017-2d931b50a998
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.18362.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftEdge

:)

JPickett60, Jun 27, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 27, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Problem starting Edge

Start, Cortana and Edge not working

Hi Rosemarie,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you try to open the Microsoft Edge what exactly happen?
    To check the Windows version, press Windows key + R, type
    winver and press Enter.

Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to click on the link and try the steps provided M. Hamer

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We look forward to hear from you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Problem starting Edge

1. Problem starting Edge - Similar Threads - Problem starting Edge

2. Edge Will not Start

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Will not Start: Is anyone else getting this? [img] 146778
  3. TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !: Hello Microsoft, Three days ago, I've formatted my LENOVO laptop with Windows 10 _ 1809 Edition. after a few hours of setting it up, I noticed that my keyboard doesn't work at all in Cortana, Start Menu, Microsoft Edge. In addition of that, the language button is...
  4. Problem with Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Edge: Have done a clean install but there is no top sites boxes or feeds when I open a new tab any ideas please 122449
  5. Problems with Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Edge: Hi all. I have a few problems with Edge. On my desktop edge will not display any .pdf files. I get a “oops, something prevented edge from displaying this file” or some such thing. I then switch to IE11 and all is fine. Adobe reader is installed. On my laptop, edge will...
  6. Edge Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Problem: Let me start by stating I DO NOT HAVE A VIRUS OR MALWARE. I have had to force close edge a couple times due to various bad websites. When I reopen it it automatically opens back up the same site I was forced to manually close thereby forcing me to manually kill them again....
  7. EDGE - problem

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE - problem: Hi Guys apologies, if this subject has been done to death. I am looking to fix a problem with next door neighbours W10 / 64bit OS Laptop. Have re-installed W10, electing to save his apps and data. All has gone well, with the exception that Edge when clicked, momentarily...
  8. Anyone having a problem with Edge start page at the moment?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone having a problem with Edge start page at the moment?: Tonight when I launch edge the Microsoft start page with all the news feeds is blank. It just displays the 'where to now' box at the top. Is something down MS end? Anyone else seeing the same issue? Other than that surfing in edge is fine, its just the home page that has no...
  9. Problem with Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Edge: Now I have been using Edge for a while now and while I find it not bad now there has been what I can only think an update that has left me with the browser opening quite differently to what I had set up. ie open immediately with my emails, then each new tab with those pinned...
  10. Problem with Taskbar - Start button - Cortana - Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Taskbar - Start button - Cortana - Edge: Windows 10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.192 I suddenly have a problem with the Task Bar when I can open all applications pinned on the Task Bar except Edge which gave me a "System Call Failed" error, Cortana does not work and the Start button only works when I right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe version: 11.0.18362.1 time stamp: 0xceb8cbe1

2. IE 11.0.18362.1

3. 11.0.18362.1

4. faulting application name: microsoftedgecp.exe,
  5. MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe 11.0.18362.1 сбойный модуль unknown,
  6. 0xceb8cbe1,
  7. Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe version: 11.0.18362.1 time stamp: ,
  8. microsoftedgecp.exe version 11.0.18362.1,
  9. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe,
  10. microsoft edge error 0xceb8cbe1