Windows 10: Problem STOPPING TrustedInstaller.exe.

Discus and support Problem STOPPING TrustedInstaller.exe. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a script that runs SFC etc. After SFC has finished running, if I run SFC again, it DOESN'T delete the two files in the CBS folder using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Black, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Problem STOPPING TrustedInstaller.exe.

I have a script that runs SFC etc.

After SFC has finished running, if I run SFC again, it DOESN'T delete the two files in the CBS folder using the code below . . .
    Code:
    However, if I end the TrustedInstaller.exe process in Task Manager and then run the script again, it WORKS!

Although I DON'T want to delete the CBS folder, as a test, I also tried running . . .
    Code:
    Again, this only WORKS if I end the TrustedInstaller.exe process in Task Manager and then run the script again.

I also tried with the line . . .
    Code:
    . . . at the beginning of BOTH of the above but for some reason it seemed to hang on the stopping process with an ever increasing line of dots in the cmd prompt!

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

It may be the fact that I need to leave it for several minutes before running the script again with the net stop TrustedInstaller.exe line at the beginning of the first code above!

I will further investigate this theory later.

:)

Paul Black, Jun 3, 2020

2. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Initially I got the same error that said “NTService\TrustedInstaller is not from a domain listed in the Select Location dialog box, and is therefore not valid.”

My problem was the lack of a space in "NT Service\TrustedInstaller."

I got this solution from a post by Sergey Tkachenko at Restore the TrustedInstaller ownership in Windows 10

dwlloyd810, Jun 3, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 3, 2020
  4. pf100 Win User

Problem STOPPING TrustedInstaller.exe.

Stop Windows 10 Updates Properly and Completely

@gabarit If you stopped at step 9, the file upfc.exe is still owned by you and not TrustedInstaller. I doubt that would cause a problem, but I like putting things back the way they were before modification just to be sure. But you should be okay.

pf100, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Problem STOPPING TrustedInstaller.exe.

1. Problem STOPPING TrustedInstaller.exe. - Similar Threads - Problem STOPPING TrustedInstaller

2. Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trustedinstaller: I have a problem ,I changed the owner of the entire drive and subfolders from Trustedinstaller to my account. I canceled the change of owner action, but I think many files are assigned to the wrong owner. at first I had typical problems but after typing a few commands (SFC...
  3. TrustedInstaller deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  4. How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and wish to do what is in the subject WITHOUT downloading anything. I want to do it to my machine myself so I know what has been done incase something goes wrong. Windows Version: 20H2 Build 19042.630 168625
  5. How do I add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes?: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  6. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  7. trustedinstaller virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trustedinstaller virus?: I've seen on different websites that this isn't a virus and on other websites that it is. Is it possible that the 2 on the left is a virus and the one on the right the real one? The ones on the left have permission for everythingSYSTEM and Admin The one on the right...
  8. xshxkrjuppw(stop)exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    xshxkrjuppw(stop)exe: xshxkrjuppw(stop)exe is this a known application in MS Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xshxkrjuppwstopexe/4206f7d6-2bb7-4835-a9b9-fcfa8f95bc7b
  9. Gadgets and TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gadgets and TrustedInstaller: I (foolishly) decided I would like to get my gadgets back. I followed a link here to download a file (DesktopGadgetsRevived.exe). Before doing so I Created a restore point. Then I ran the program and got a couple of gadgets. While doing so I noticed that a lot of uploading...
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...