Windows 10: Problem switching from headset to speaker

Discus and support Problem switching from headset to speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D laptop running MS Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508). I have connected a headset (2 separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anilthakur, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Problem switching from headset to speaker

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D laptop running MS Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508).

I have connected a headset (2 separate connectors for microphone and headset). Everything works fine.

When I disconnect the headset, the laptop speaker does not become active automatically. I have to disconnect the headset wires, reboot the laptop, and then the speaker starts working.

Please help.

Anil

:)

anilthakur, Oct 9, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Problem switching from headset to speaker :p

cadaveca, Oct 9, 2020
  3. ZSRunner Win User
    Audio switching unexpectedly from headset to speakers on PC.

I've recently run into a problem that is more of a minor annoyance than a real problem. But, sometimes when I am playing a game or watching a video on my computer, the sound will switch from my headset, a logitec usb headset, to my speakers. I've tried
    to determine if this is some kind of hotkey that I don't know about, but have yet to find any solutions to the problem.

Often times it will switch unexpectedly for just a few moments and then switch back. I've checked the lines for my USB headset and everything looks to be in good condition.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

ZSRunner, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Cybie1111 Win User

Problem switching from headset to speaker

Need a New Headset and Speakers.

It seems that I would stay with logitech for headsets but I would like some suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup.

Cybie1111, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Problem switching from headset to speaker

1. Problem switching from headset to speaker - Similar Threads - Problem switching headset

2. Laptop Speakers & Wireless Headset not auto switching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Speakers & Wireless Headset not auto switching: I have the 14" Razer laptop and the Steelseries 7X. They're wireless through a USB dongle that I leave plugged into my laptop. When I turn off and turn on my headset, the default playback device/option does not automatically switch over to the built-in laptop speakers, and...
  3. Laptop Speakers & Wireless Headset not auto switching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Speakers & Wireless Headset not auto switching: I have the 14" Razer laptop and the Steelseries 7X. They're wireless through a USB dongle that I leave plugged into my laptop. When I turn off and turn on my headset, the default playback device/option does not automatically switch over to the built-in laptop speakers, and...
  4. Laptop Speakers & Wireless Headset not auto switching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset and speakers

Headset and speakers: I frequently switch between my headset and speakers headset is blue pump connected by bluetooth and my speakers are yamaha HS8 connected by my focusrite scarlett 2i2 that is plugged into my pc via usb I find it really difficult to switch between them as i have to go to...
  6. Both headset and speaker are detected as speaker in the system and I'm unable to switch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both headset and speaker are detected as speaker in the system and I'm unable to switch...: [ATTACH] I have a Logitech speaker plugged in into the 3.5mm jack on the back of motherboard (Biostar H410MH), and another headset (MH751) connected to the front 3.5mm jack. Prior to my motherboard upgrade, my pc will detect them as an individual speakers and headset when...
  7. Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers

Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers: Hello friends! I have a new PC, it's all up to date. I have speakers plugged into the back and a headset plugged to the front. If I unplug my headset, my speakers work. If my headset is plugged in, ONLY the headset will work. I am told that this is the default design,...
  8. How do I switch from speakers to headset without doing it manually?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I switch from speakers to headset without doing it manually?: I recently got a new headset and I plugged into the back of pc. This will send the audio out put into my headset which is good, but I always have to remove the 2 microphone and headset cables for the audio output to come out of the spaekers instead. This is very inconvienent...
  9. Win 10 not switching between speaker and headset automatically

Win 10 not switching between speaker and headset automatically: Recently, after a win patch this problem occured. When I boot the computer it recognizes any sound output device (headset or speaker if plugged in, default laptop speaker if nothing is plugged in) and sticks with it until restart. So if it booted with a plugged in speaker,...
  10. Popping sounds from speakers or headset

Popping sounds from speakers or headset: Today it just suddenly became popping sound whenever I play a round. From volume control and YouTube and any application. I've tried uninstalling restart then reinstalling driver but to no avail. I doubt it's an hardware issue because even when I plug in or on bluetooth...