Windows 10: Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen

Discus and support Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a strange issue. Screenshot works fine when i have my DELL LATITUDE E7250 connected to the dock and second monitor (my monitors are setup as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KamilSzlachta, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen

I have a strange issue.

Screenshot works fine when i have my DELL LATITUDE E7250 connected to the dock and second monitor (my monitors are setup as expansions, not clones).

Once i disconnect from the dock, and laptop switches to single screen, every time i press Shift+Win+S, or PrtScn i get a black screen.

I tried reinstalling the drivers, resetting graphics settings... everything. Still no result.

A small hint is that when i try to screenshot on a single monitor, a 1 pixel thin stripe of the taskbar is still visible on the screen.

It would seen the desktop image is physically there but outside the screen frame.

BTW i also have an issue that notifications show up outside the screen border, when working on dual screens (I found a workaround in that case using alt+enter and a move function).

I strongly suspect those two issues are somehow connected.

Anybody has found the source of the issue?

Some solution maybe?

:)

KamilSzlachta, Dec 3, 2019
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen

1. Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen - Similar Threads - Problem taking screenshot

2. Setting Print Screen Hotkey to take screenshot using Lightshot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Print Screen Hotkey to take screenshot using Lightshot: Hello. I want to use Lightshot for screenshots. When I download it, the prt sc hotkey will not register. How do I correct this? ***Original title: hotkeys***...
  3. How to take a screenshot of the contents below the bottom of screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to take a screenshot of the contents below the bottom of screen?: I want to take a screenshot by a snipping tool but some contents are below the bottom of the screen that I cannot see. If I scroll down the page, the top of the page cannot be seen. I need to take the screen shot including those contents below the bottom of the screen without...
  4. What is this and with what does it take screenshots?

What is this and with what does it take screenshots?: https://snag.gy/K9i6W0.jpg In the context menu is Screenshot. I really like it, it's able to capture a frame of an app. I want to know more about it. Does it use another app? Is there a shortcut for using this? Is frames the correct term for what it outlines in an app?...
  5. Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore

Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore: Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a screenshot of part of the screen it worked like normal except when I selected an area it didn't take a screenshot. I have...
  6. How i take a Screenshot

How i take a Screenshot: i need take a Screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-take-a-screenshot/5ea10838-2fda-4790-8f9f-7218279a066d
  7. Screenshots Problem

Screenshots Problem: did you solved that laptop taking screenshots on its own problem if yes then please let me know i'm having the same problem and my laptop is lacking ......
  8. Take a full screenshot of the "start page"

in Windows 10 Support
    Take a full screenshot of the "start page": Hello, I need to keep in a image (screenshot) my full start page of Windows 10. There is a way to capture it (it's very very long)? The normal screenshot it's only for the full screen, not more. Thanks 109489
  9. Screenshot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Screenshot problem: How to disable pop upping one note while double clicking the surface pen eraser button to make screenshot? I like normal screenshot only without pop upping one note. Thanks in advance! 53478
  10. Take Screenshot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10: How to: Take Screenshot in Windows 10 How to Take a Screenshot in Windows 10 Sometimes it's simpler to show someone what's on your screen than it is to explain it. Windows lets you take a picture of the screen so you can save, print, or share what you see. This is...