Windows 10: Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen

Discus and support Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a strange issue. Screenshot works fine when i have my DELL LATITUDE E7250 connected to the dock and second monitor (my monitors are setup as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KamilSzlachta, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen

I have a strange issue.

Screenshot works fine when i have my DELL LATITUDE E7250 connected to the dock and second monitor (my monitors are setup as expansions, not clones).

Once i disconnect from the dock, and laptop switches to single screen, every time i press Shift+Win+S, or PrtScn i get a black screen.

I tried reinstalling the drivers, resetting graphics settings... everything. Still no result.

A small hint is that when i try to screenshot on a single monitor, a 1 pixel thin stripe of the taskbar is still visible on the screen.

It would seen the desktop image is physically there but outside the screen frame.

BTW i also have an issue that notifications show up outside the screen border, when working on dual screens (I found a workaround in that case using alt+enter and a move function).

I strongly suspect those two issues are somehow connected.

Anybody has found the source of the issue?

Some solution maybe?

:)

KamilSzlachta, Dec 3, 2019
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen

1. Problem taking screenshot after unplugging second screen - Similar Threads - Problem taking screenshot

2. How to take a screenshot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to take a screenshot: Hello, everybodyI am having some problems. Problem is that I can't perform a screenshot on my laptop which is using Windows 10 enterprise. I have no snipping tool. Also I tried most of the keyboard shortcuts to do this. Please help me with this....
  3. Taking a screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking a screenshot: Hi everyone, Well, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my Audacity. I have someone helping me with that, and he wanted me to send him a screenshot of my task manager configured in a certain way. After some poking around, I realized that I had been doing the...
  4. Taking a screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking a screenshot: Hi everyone, Well, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my Audacity. I have someone helping me with that, and he wanted me to send him a screenshot of my task manager configured in a certain way. After some poking around, I realized that I had been doing the...
  5. Taking a screenshot

6. Taking a screenshot

Taking a screenshot: Hello Earlier I was able to take screenshot by pressing .... Shift + Windows + S key But after resetting my PC I am not able to take the screenshot the above mentioned way Please help...
  7. Taking screenshot

Taking screenshot: Guys help me take a screenshot. I have a type of keyboard where there are no keys for taking screenshots. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshot/c61117fd-5b72-4a03-812a-d5b545f526b3
  8. taking screenshots

taking screenshots: Please, give instructions on how to take screenshots of my computer screen. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshots/92850574-a600-40fb-80ed-4c00d54501a1
  9. Taking screenshots

Taking screenshots: Using Lightshot for taking screenshots. Please how could I set hotkeys for this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshots/dbe20516-8404-409f-ba95-0dc31418770d
  10. Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore

Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore: Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a screenshot of part of the screen it worked like normal except when I selected an area it didn't take a screenshot. I have...