Windows 10: Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

Discus and support Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my account alias from a live.com email to a gmail.com.Now I seem to have problems accessing my onedrive. I would like to revert to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CalvinWai1, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

I changed my account alias from a live.com email to a gmail.com.Now I seem to have problems accessing my onedrive. I would like to revert to my live.com email however i'm getting this msg : "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address."Can someone pls help?

:)

CalvinWai1, Oct 10, 2021

2. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address." Error

I built a PC back in July 2018 and I was going to use my normal hotmail account to sign in, but I used a different ones to avoid parental controls. Well, those controls are fixed now and I wanted to use my hotmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as my main email, not two
    different ones. So basically I wanted to combine the two, using the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address. Well, I took my old email (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) and added a different, dummy email as an alias and removed the old one. Then I tried to add the old email as an alias to
    my new Microsoft account, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Somewhere along the lines I decided I wanted to switch back so I tried adding my old email to my old Microsoft account, but I got this error: "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address."
    I not cannot use the email in any way and I have a lot of things saved to it. Can someone help me please?

Demetri Kehoe, Oct 10, 2021
  3. AP-[MPN] Win User
    Possible Fix ->This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address ...

After spending 5 hours chatting with some nice people with MS Tech support, I thought I would post this. The other questions and discussions I searched and read were not helpful but maybe this will help others' that have the same problem as I did.

I have a microsoft account I created when they upgraded my work laptop from windows 7 to windows 10. My daughter created a microsoft account when she received a new laptop with windows 8 a couple of years ago. When I tried to upgrade our media center pc
    from windows 7 to windows 10, it allowed me to use my microsoft account but would not let my daughter create her account. My work owns and runs their own email server. It handles my work domain and it hosts other domains that are free as part of other services
    my work offers. When I created my account I used my work email address for registration. My daughter used her email address that is setup in the free domains given to other people from work. The strange part is windows 8/8.1 either of us can login with our
    microsoft account login using our thrid party email addresses just fine but only mine works with windows 10. Come to figure out any email address from the free domains is automatically blocked through validation with the error "This email is part of a reserved
    domain. Please enter a different email address".

The first tech person brushed off the issue saying limited support and repeated the error message. The second tech support person was much more helpful and even when so far as remote controlling the pc but in the end gave up saying I'd have to contact domain
    accounts. In a very nice way, I was told MS has certain rules to follow and I'd have to contact them for support. The only important and critical information I was given by the second tech support person was my account might have been created as a business
    account. Which got me to lookup exactly what domain account services really is. This led me to https://www.domains.live.com/ . By the way, my work has never and will never subscribe to any cloud services including Office 365. Other than hosting websites and
    email services, the domains are not used internally nor do they use Active Directory Services. No one could offer an explanation why the domain was reserved by Microsoft after that information was shared.

Long story short if you use a third party domain email address as a username to create a microsoft account or an email address that is not one of the major players, they assume it is part of the domain account services even when it is not.

The solution is to login to your microsoft account through mail.live.com.

Click on the gear symbol or settings and click options.

Click on create an outlook.com alias. Verify your account.

Now you will have *** Email address is removed for privacy *** tied to your microsoft account as an additional username.

Now, you can add the existing microsoft account using *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as the username using your old password.

Since it is still your account only a different username, it will pull down your system settings that was tied to your account.

If your going to add your Microsoft account login to more Windows 10 computers I'd advise you keep the alias just to keep from having to perform all these steps again but if not then you can remove it.

I hope this saves someone else the time and aggravation this problem has caused me today. If anyone else has a better solution other than Microsoft should fix the windows 10 "add account email validation form field", feel free to respond. I'd really like to
    hear information regarding how Microsoft classifies a domain as reserved.

AP-[MPN], Oct 10, 2021
  4. TMCMUIR Win User

Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

This email is part of a reserved domain. Please use a different email address.

I just received my new Microsoft Surface Pro and when asked for my email to set up my account I used my existing email account with the @live.com extension. The response I got is as follows "This email is part of a resrved domain. Please enter a different
    email address." If I enter a different address I do not get my existing One Drive, I get a new one with none of my existing files. Why can't I use my @live.com email address? This is very frustrating since I expected this to be an extremely easy set up.

Moved from:Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

TMCMUIR, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

1. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address. - Similar Threads - Problem email part

2. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I did a stupid thing today. The way the primary email address for my account was spelled with caps has been bugging me and today I decided to change it. The email was ******@msn.com and the ****** was all caps. Since I could not just change it, I added another alias which was...
  3. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I did a stupid thing today. The way the primary email address for my account was spelled with caps has been bugging me and today I decided to change it. The email was ******@msn.com and the ****** was all caps. Since I could not just change it, I added another alias which was...
  4. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I changed my account alias from a live.com email to a gmail.com.Now I seem to have problems accessing my onedrive. I would like to revert to my live.com email however i'm getting this msg : "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address."Can...
  5. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I changed my account alias from a live.com email to a gmail.com.Now I seem to have problems accessing my onedrive. I would like to revert to my live.com email however i'm getting this msg : "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address."Can...
  6. Reserved Domain Email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reserved Domain Email: I removed my Email address from my Xbox account and replaced it with my son's so that he could keep the Gamer tag, now my Email address is deleted and when I try to access it I get the message that it is part of a "Reserved Domain", who can fix this, I have 25 years of my...
  7. Error message: "This email is part of a reserved domain" while changing Primary sign-in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error message: "This email is part of a reserved domain" while changing Primary sign-in...: Hi Can someone assist me? I had an email of mine for over 20 years which was my primary sign-in into my Microsoft account. Yesterday I messed it up and got another email as the primary. My original email has now become "Account alias". I was the "account alias" to be the...
  8. Different email address

Different email address: Sometimes when I send an email with the mail app my address gets changed to something like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** When people try to reply they get an error message!! Can someone help? Thanks...
  9. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address." Error

This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address." Error: I built a PC back in July 2018 and I was going to use my normal hotmail account to sign in, but I used a different ones to avoid parental controls. Well, those controls are fixed now and I wanted to use my hotmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as my main email,...
  10. this email is part of a reserved domain issue 2020

this email is part of a reserved domain issue 2020: I clicked "update info" in "settings - accounts - your info" and attempted to add my Microsoft account but keep having the message"this email is part of a reserved domain. please enter a different email address" pop up. what does it mean and how do i get around it to add...