Windows 10: Problem to disable "auto-sleep"

Discus and support Problem to disable "auto-sleep" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I have a new laptop there is installed a malware yes, we can call it as MALWARE called Windows 10. I have set screen timeout to 10 minutes, tested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by -doing-, Dec 21, 2020.

1. -doing- Win User

Problem to disable "auto-sleep"

Hi. I have a new laptop there is installed a malware yes, we can call it as MALWARE called Windows 10. I have set screen timeout to 10 minutes, tested to set screen saver to 15 minutes and sleep after is 45 min. But what happens... Then display goes off, simultaneously computer goes into sleep!! I have read https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/learn-about-hardware/wakeontouch and also setCsEnabled=0 but these aren't working.
    It's impossible to use computer if it does all kinds of tricks by itself without permission!! Then you try to leave a computer to process it's work and in the meantime you go to somewhere else to do something else, but then you come back a computer is in sleep mode and all work is still not processed!!!

And a second question. What is a working method to prevent a harmful feature which starts up a computer by itself even if computer was hibernated?? I have lost my work then computer was in hibernate but it started up at middle of the night and rebooted !!!

I can't understand how someone can do this kind of **** which is full of harmful features - it is called malware!! It might be a time then I have to swap to Linux or go back to Win 7

:)

-doing-, Dec 21, 2020
  2. no1yak70 Win User

Auto Sleep not working

Well, since the update to 1909 my auto sleep doesn't work. The monitor goes to sleep at the right time but the computer stays on. I've set every combination for sleep times but, nothing works. Googled said problem and all of the suggestions are useless. Can't go back to 1903 as my backup drive no longer 1903 on it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

no1yak70, Dec 21, 2020
  3. disable auto lock on waking from sleep

disable auto lock on waking from sleep

dougharpham1, Dec 21, 2020
  4. s00tie Win User

Windows 10 Will Not Auto Sleep

I've seen lots of threads about similar issues here and I think I've tried everything I've read but nothing will make my PC sleep. It worked fine with Windows 8.1 but since 10 it doesn't matter what I change, the only way to make the PC sleep is to do it manually.

Here are some of the steps I've followed with no success:

- powercfg /requests shows nothing
    - powercfg /energy doesn't show anything interesting
    - no media sharing is enabled
    - homegroup is disabled
    - disabling NIC has no effect
    - removing everything from the PC other than power and HDMI for video has no effect
    - everything but my mouse is set not to wake pc (I have also tried with the mouse also set to no avail)
    - updated drivers where possible

The weird thing is if I don't log onto the PC from a reboot, it will sleep just fine - the minute I log on it refuses to auto sleep. Also, if I boot into Safe Mode, the sleep works just fine again.

It's driving me crazy as combined with the auto setting for windows update (despite having disable wake timers selected) the PC will sometimes wake in the middle of the night and stay on until I sleep it again.

A guy here at Reddit has the same issue, but the thread isn't seeing much activity:
    My self-built Windows 10 PC will not automatically go to sleep under any condition : techsupport

Happy to answer questions about my setup or try suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

s00tie, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem to disable "auto-sleep" - Similar Threads - Problem disable auto

2. Have to disable windows search to get pc to auto sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Have to disable windows search to get pc to auto sleep: Hi all. Win 10 pro system I have just spent hours to get PC to go to sleep automatically. The only way this would happen was if i disabled the windows search in services. Why is this and when I open some programs it says because it is off search wont work properly. Am i...
  3. Auto Sleep not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Sleep not working: Well, since the update to 1909 my auto sleep doesn't work. The monitor goes to sleep at the right time but the computer stays on. I've set every combination for sleep times but, nothing works. Googled said problem and all of the suggestions are useless. Can't go back to 1903...
  4. Diagnosis policy services auto disabled problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnosis policy services auto disabled problem: hey guys recently i have this issues whereby my diagnosis policy service is disabled automatically i did not disabled it but it auto disabled. Everytime when i want to check the battery report in the command shell it says service is disabled so i have to make it automatic in...
  5. disable auto lock on waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disable auto lock on waking from sleep: disable auto lock on waking from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-lock-on-waking-from-sleep/8ca16e36-cc92-4409-bbf8-62f786b3c262
  6. what is problem if windows 10 auto update disable.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is problem if windows 10 auto update disable.: what is problem if windows 10 auto update disable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-problem-if-windows-10-auto-update-disable/ec241b63-fcfc-41fd-8afb-569a386c0a3a
  7. Disable auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable auto-arrange: Why has Microsoft removed the option to turn off auto-arrange in Windows 10? Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-arrange/703204e2-f403-4045-bc21-d25c96752603"
  8. sleep activates auto sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep activates auto sleep: After starting up no automatic sleep, display stays turned on (all power options NEVER, all BIOS options DISABLE) When turning computer to sleep manually (standby S3 available) it goes sleep and wakes up normally. AND then after two minutes goes to automatic sleep,...
  9. Passwords and Auto Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Passwords and Auto Sleep: I just upgraded from windows 7 sp2 to Windows 10.. I'm pissed at MS because it makes me log in with a password. I don't have sensitive information. No one but me uses the computer, so its a big PITA. Someone suggested a program to run so that when I reboot, I don't have to...
  10. Disable auto save?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable auto save?: Okay so when i shut down my pc directly and close a specific app like discord. then shutting down immediatly using the start button when i turn on my pc again chrome automatically opens with that tabs last night and discord which i exited didnt start up as it should be...