Windows 10: Problem to open Windows 10 edu on VMWARE after updating windows 10 home on the host computer

Discus and support Problem to open Windows 10 edu on VMWARE after updating windows 10 home on the host computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop yesterday. Install VMWARE and Windows 10 Education on VMWARE and just set up my account. My host computer OS is Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TarannumFerdous, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Problem to open Windows 10 edu on VMWARE after updating windows 10 home on the host computer

I bought a new laptop yesterday. Install VMWARE and Windows 10 Education on VMWARE and just set up my account. My host computer OS is Microsoft Windows 10 Home.

Today morning I just normally open the VMWARE and shut it down. The windows on VMware were working well. After that, my host computer suggests me to update my windows and restart the computer and I also did so. After restarting my computer, I again open my VMWARE and power on the windows of VMWARE. When I tried to power on the windows 10 on VMware, it hasn't been able to do that rather than it gave my host computer blue error message showing SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. So, I am not able to take any snapshot.

If I don't attempt to open windows 10 edu on VMWARE, my host computer doesn't show me any error. It is working well.

Please note that before buying this computer, 7 days ago I bought another same model computer. It was showing me same error. I thought it was the problem of that PC, so I return that one and bring another same model PC. But it has the same issue.

Please note that I have made attached update on my host computer1st screenshot.

Problem to open Windows 10 edu on VMWARE after updating windows 10 home on the host computer 7dfd5f4d-77c8-4deb-b5be-7d6cd3780ce8?upload=true.png

:)

TarannumFerdous, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Problem to open Windows 10 edu on VMWARE after updating windows 10 home on the host computer

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Problem to open Windows 10 edu on VMWARE after updating windows 10 home on the host computer

1. Problem to open Windows 10 edu on VMWARE after updating windows 10 home on the host computer - Similar Threads - Problem open edu

2. VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition: Hi Recently i have install vmware player in my system. i have also add linux vertual machine. but when i have try to open vartual machine then below error is come.Error while powering on: Virtualized performance counters require at least one available functioning counter....
  3. VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition: Hi Recently i have install vmware player in my system. i have also add linux vertual machine. but when i have try to open vartual machine then below error is come.Error while powering on: Virtualized performance counters require at least one available functioning counter....
  4. Windows 10 home update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home update problems: Hi my name is sumiyuru, I have a problem as in the windows update screen it think it has to do with an error in my computer it is a windows 10 home, version 2009 and OS - 19042.630. the error massage is at follow - Your device is missing important security and quality...
  5. Windows guests no sound using VMWare on Linux Hosts after alsa update

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows guests no sound using VMWare on Linux Hosts after alsa update: Hi folks Can't get any sound on Windows Guests (XP/W7/W10) on Linux Hosts after latest alsa (sound) / kernel updates. Sound on Host working perfectly, Windows VM's running on KVM also sound working perfectly on them too. Kernel is 5.10.13-arch1 Vmware workstation release...
  6. Windows 10 EDU not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 EDU not activating: I just got a free copy of windows 10 edu from my college but the code refuses to activate, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-edu-not-activating/69f2da14-b2fb-48ff-874d-1b20cc00d9d4
  7. VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen: Recently I have been suffering from VMware Workstation Pro 16 putting my computer in a black screen. My computer doesn’t recover from this until I force restart my computer. This issue is very annoying. Please help me....
  8. VMWare startup problem on Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Customization
    VMWare startup problem on Windows 10 home: I have a problem of loading up my Linux RHEL 7 in VMWare on my Win 10 home laptop. It states the error of credential guard not compactible with vmware. please help..... As there is not group policy editor in win 10 home, how do i solve this problem ?...
  9. Windows 10 Home Update Problem

Windows 10 Home Update Problem: Please help me so I just bought a new laptop that is a windows 10 Home and tried updating it and it gets stuck on 82% when I check the update history it seems like all the updates failed to install and I saw this update called version 1607 what I believe is the anniversary...
  10. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro/Ent/Edu

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro/Ent/Edu: Hello, I'm trying to upgrade from W10 Home to any other edition, but after it restarted it says "Update failed, reverting". First time I did this it worked, but then reverted back to home because the key wasn't working or something, and now I'm stuck on home.. My...