Windows 10: Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or OneDrive

Discus and support Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello - please bear with me as I am elderly. Can anyone help? I have both a laptop and a new Tablet and both have latest version of Windows 10. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moggie, Feb 13, 2020.

1. moggie Win User

Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or OneDrive

Hello - please bear with me as I am elderly. Can anyone help?
    I have both a laptop and a new Tablet and both have latest version of Windows 10. I have set up my Tablet to look the same as my laptop but unlike in the past with other tablets my new one will not accept file transfers via USB from the laptop. When I connect the usb to both and to rt click on the files in my docs on the laptop and select 'send to' my tablet does not appear in the drop down list!

I tried another method using One Drive which I never understood. In One Drive on my laptop looking in the vault I could see all my docs which I wanted to transfer - great. So I then downloaded and opened One Drive on the new tablet but all there was in there were the docs/files I had accessed in the last week since I purchased the tablet!

I assumed that the two would match up? Someone suggested that my accounts did not match on each computer but I was asked to sign in on Microsoft on the tablet when setting up One Drive - is that correct? Don't know what account is on laptop as I always use Google. My email is the same as I only have one.

Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Thank you all.

:)

moggie, Feb 13, 2020
  2. moggie Win User

Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or'One Drive

Hello - please bear with me as I am elderly. Can anyone help?
    I have both a laptop and a new Tablet and both have latest version of Windows 10. I have set up my Tablet to look the same as my laptop but unlike in the past with other tablets my new one will not accept file transfers via USB from the laptop. When I connect the usb to both and to rt click on the files in my docs on the laptop and select 'send to' my tablet does not appear in the drop down list!

I tried another method using One Drive which I never understood. In One Drive on my laptop looking in the vault I could see all my docs which I wanted to transfer - great. So I then downloaded and opened One Drive on the new tablet but all there was in there were the docs/files I had accessed in the last week since I purchased the tablet!

I assumed that the two would match up? Someone suggested that my accounts did not match on each computer but I was asked to sign in on Microsoft on the tablet when setting up One Drive - is that correct? Don't know what account is on laptop as I always use Google. My email is the same as I only have one.

Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Thank you all.

moggie, Feb 13, 2020
  3. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or OneDrive

Transfer music from laptop to windows 10 tablet.

No, there's no pop up on the tablet or the laptop. I have tried using the three different USB ports and still nothing but I only have one lead to try. I clicked windows key and E and the tablet isn't listed under my PC, but it is listed in network as a phone,
    don't know if that's relevant

LucasRichardson, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or OneDrive

1. Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or OneDrive - Similar Threads - Problem Transferring files

2. Unable to view or transfer files from galaxy s9 via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view or transfer files from galaxy s9 via USB: I'm trying to move files from my parent's phone samsung galaxy s9 onto a hardrive using my windows 11 device. All the folders on the S9 are showing as empty when opened on the laptop. I've tried the usual fixes like making sure the phone is unlocked and file transfer is...
  3. Unable to view or transfer files from galaxy s9 via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view or transfer files from galaxy s9 via USB: I'm trying to move files from my parent's phone samsung galaxy s9 onto a hardrive using my windows 11 device. All the folders on the S9 are showing as empty when opened on the laptop. I've tried the usual fixes like making sure the phone is unlocked and file transfer is...
  4. I need help with transferring files from my laptop to my phone via usb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with transferring files from my laptop to my phone via usb.: I need to transfer some files from my pc to my phone. the phone I am using is a Huawei p30 lite and I have a windows 11 laptop. whenever I connect the USB it opens the photos software and show the same message every time; "please update your device's settings to accept media...
  5. I need help with transferring files from my laptop to my phone via usb.

I need help with transferring files from my laptop to my phone via usb.: I need to transfer some files from my pc to my phone. the phone I am using is a Huawei p30 lite and I have a windows 11 laptop. whenever I connect the USB it opens the photos software and show the same message every time; "please update your device's settings to accept media...
  6. Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop: How do I transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop not via MyPhone app, not via OneDrive, not via any other cloud storage service? I'm trying to simply access my phone's picture folder through USB and transfer photos to the laptop, and my photo folder on the...
  7. Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop

Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop: How do I transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop not via MyPhone app, not via OneDrive, not via any other cloud storage service? I'm trying to simply access my phone's picture folder through USB and transfer photos to the laptop, and my photo folder on the...
  8. File transfer with Android Tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File transfer with Android Tablet: I'm trying to update the Android OS on my Lenovo A10-70F tablet. I've downloaded a file from Lenovo to update it to Android 5.0 from the current 4.4.2. However, I'm having problems getting the USB connectivity to work. When connected via USB the tablet tells me it's...
  9. Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or'One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or'One Drive: Hello - please bear with me as I am elderly. Can anyone help? I have both a laptop and a new Tablet and both have latest version of Windows 10. I have set up my Tablet to look the same as my laptop but unlike in the past with other tablets my new one will not accept file...
  10. transfer old files documents photos and favorites from old tablet to new laptop? old tablet...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer old files documents photos and favorites from old tablet to new laptop? old tablet...: how do I get all my files from old tablet to my new laptop sounds easy but looks hard... im using same emails as before do I need a transfer cord plugged in to tablet it will not turn on fully charged new laptop up and running need help early Christmas gift...