Windows 10: Problem transferring files to Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Discus and support Problem transferring files to Recycle Bin in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all dear friends : i have a strange problem with windows 10. However, for all drives Recycle Bin setting , the option is set to "Custom Size" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Qualima, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Problem transferring files to Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hi all dear friends :

i have a strange problem with windows 10. However, for all drives Recycle Bin setting , the option is set to "Custom Size" to enter file to the Recycle Bin by pressing the Delete key on the keyboard. I have made the same settings for all four drives, but the two drives work fine and transfer the file to the Recycle Bin directly without question. The other two drives by pressing the Delete key ask about direct and complete deletion of the file and do not enter the file into the Recycle Bin. Curiously, the settings for all four drives are the same, and set to "Custom Size" to insert the files into the Recycle Bin first and not be directly and completely deleted. But with the same settings two drives out of four drives don't do it right !!! Does anyone have a solution to this problem ???

This is also the image of the drive settings

submitted by /u/Qualima
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Qualima, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Mar 19, 2020
  4. ipellant Win User

Problem transferring files to Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Problem transferring files to Recycle Bin in Windows 10

1. Problem transferring files to Recycle Bin in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem transferring files

2. Recycle Bin Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle Bin Problem: I went to my Grandparent's house for a weekend and couldn't bring my PC so I was using a laptop. It had a whole bunch of desktop shortcuts on it that weren't needed, so I deleted them. I got back today, launched my PC and every one of my shortcuts deleted themselves. Is there...
  3. Recycle bin problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle bin problem.: [ATTACH] My recycle bin has no logo and when I try to fix it by going on personalisation settings that doesn't help either. It doesn't function correctly either because when I try right clicking on recycle bin it doesn't give me the delete option for everything inside....
  4. Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004: I have done this twice: I have dragged files to the recycle bin and they stayed on the desktop. After rebooting, the files are gone, but it doesn't happen all the time. That means you don't know if the file is deleted or where it is. Sometimes I put files in the recycle bin...
  5. Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004: I have done this twice: I have dragged files to the recycle bin and they stayed on the desktop. After rebooting, the files are gone, but it doesn't happen all the time. That means you don't know if the file is deleted or where it is. Sometimes I put files in the recycle bin...
  6. Recycle Bin Problem

Recycle Bin Problem: Suddenly my recycle bin shows only the latest 6 or 7 deletes, and nothing more. I used to have a whole list of deletes before: 40, 50, 60..... What have I screwed up? Any help appreciated in advance. Tony V. 147706
  7. recycle bin windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    recycle bin windows 10: Hi I have tried all the online help start control panel folders hidden files the bin is still not showing any idea please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-windows-10/e4ed1793-43ba-46a7-97fc-50b61fa3ff53
  8. Windows 10 recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 recycle bin: How do I recover a file accidentally deleted from the recycle bin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recycle/8e7dd24f-15d0-4019-9a79-d139114e216f"
  9. Recycle Bin Problems.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recycle Bin Problems.: Hi. My Windows 10 Recycle Bin won't open and I can't delete anything (no error message). I tried everything including "Run CMD to fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin" and "System Restore" to no avail. Please assist. Regards. Jannie...
  10. Recycle Bin display problem

Recycle Bin display problem: I changed my Recycle Bin Icons. Since then I have to refresh the Desktop to see its true state of being empty or full. Otherwise it shows the true state immediately after a restart when it gets refreshed on booting. Any suggestions to correct the malfunction? Amarnath ()...