Windows 10: Problem trying to install cfg file into Outlook 2016

Discus and support Problem trying to install cfg file into Outlook 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Have followed HowTo-Outlook directions to show sender's email address in message view. (https://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/...deraddress.htm) Have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nosmas, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Nosmas Win User

Problem trying to install cfg file into Outlook 2016

Have followed HowTo-Outlook directions to show sender's email address in message view. (https://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/...deraddress.htm) Have downloaded and unzipped viewsendersaddress.zip into C > Program Files > Microsoft Office > Office16 > 1033 as viewsendersaddress.cfg (which also has two IPMS.ico files and a readme.txt file) but when in Form Manager dialog I press Install and click on the cfg file I get message "The form cannot be installed. The file cannot be found. File C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\1033\IPMS.ico" Please can someone say what I am not doing or doing wrongly?

:)

Nosmas, Jun 24, 2017

2. How do I restore a program to open up to what it was before?

So I was editing this .cfg file on my system and I couldn't open it so I had to change it to open with Notepad, when I did that, I forgot to uncheck the box that says, open this program with all .cfg files. And now I'm stuck, trying to figure out how I
    can change it back into a .cfg file since there are no apps that I can get called .cfg. I need help

DakotaRThompson, Jun 24, 2017
  3. brokeAK Win User
    File names

Okay, so I made a cfg folder, and it wouldn't save as .cfg, and as text, but that's not my problem. My problem is that when I did resolve it, I changed something, so every file I save, will always save under whatever .(txt, cfg, .jar) I want. But, I don't
    want that anymore, so where do I go to change that back?

brokeAK, Jun 24, 2017
  4. jl2509 Win User

Hi,
    Not saying you have made a mistake, but I found this method more easy to follow.

How to display the senders email address in Outlook

I tried it and works fine in office 2016
    However, there is an error in the instructions
    The folder required to add the config file is located as detailed below for 64 Bit O/S with 32 Bit Office

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\FORMS\1033

Text for config file is below. Copy / Paste into notepad and save as SendersEmail.cfg
    Add the config file to the location above and install the config file from this location as per the instructions provided.

Code: ;**********The CFG file********** [Description] MessageClass=IPM.Note.FromEmailAddress CLSID={00020D31-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} DisplayName=Sender Email Address Category=Standard Subcategory=Form Comment=This forms allows the Senders E-mail address to be viewed as a column LargeIcon=IPML.ico SmallIcon=IPMS.ico Version=1.0 Locale=enu Hidden=1 Owner=Neostorm Systems Contact=Neo [Platforms] Platform1=Win16 Platform2=NTx86 Platform9=Win95 [Platform.Win16] CPU=ix86 OSVersion=Win3.1 [Platform.NTx86] CPU=ix86 OSVersion=WinNT3.5 [Platform.Win95] CPU=ix86 OSVersion=Win95 [Properties] Property01=FromEmailAddress [Property.FromEmailAddress] Type=30 NmidInteger=0xc1f DisplayName=From E-mail Address [Verbs] Verb1=1 [Verb.1] DisplayName=&Open Code=0 Flags=0 Attribs=2 [Extensions] Extensions1=1 [Extension.1] Type=30 NmidPropset={00020D0C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} NmidInteger=1 Value=1000000000000000 ;**********END CFG[/quote] Hope this helps

jl2509, Jun 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Problem trying to install cfg file into Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Problem trying install

2. outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016: all started with send receive error and now after trying to follow instruction nothing works anymore and cant even access old emails, would like to talk with someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016/472af38c-67c2-49bb-b2b8-3a3d053804ee
  3. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  4. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: I was given a copy of Outlook 2016 since I could not get my old Outlook 2003 to work on Windows 10. The way it works is really confusing at the moment. Does anyone know of good tutorials to help in learning process? One thing I would like to know right NOW is how to get...
  5. Outlook 2016 not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2016 not installing: Hello, I realise my little laptop is silly with very little space, but up until yesterday Outlook worked. Today it was gone. When I download it to install it, it gives me the following error: Reformat your external storage Windows 10 apps need either FAT32 or exFAT...
  6. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  7. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  8. Problems with Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Outlook 2016: I have recently moved from a desktop computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail to one with Windows 10 and Outlook 2016. I am still on a learning curve with the last, but after some difficulties have managed to migrate my emails from WLM to OL; still having problems...
  9. Problem with Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Outlook 2016: Hi All, I have a problem with MS outlook 2016. When I tried to open an news-server link in Mozilla Firefox 48.0.2 with outlook.exe it show me a Script error window Line 278 Char 1 Error unspecified error Here is the site (It`s on Bulgarian) but links are at the bottom...
  10. Outlook 2016 color coding problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 color coding problem: Hi, I'm supporting an enterprise client. They have a peculiar Outlook issue. Use case: They receive hundreds of emails per day to a shared inbox, mostly contract and vendor stuff. They color code these based on work assignment. So, the senior manager mostly deals...