Windows 10: Problem Trying to move Documents from SSD to HDD on Win10 1909

Discus and support Problem Trying to move Documents from SSD to HDD on Win10 1909 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I moved my Documents from SSD to HDD from the tutorial, but instead of it being moved it duplicated it. I verified that the HDD will be the default for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nsomniak6, Sep 4, 2020.

1. nsomniak6 Win User

Problem Trying to move Documents from SSD to HDD on Win10 1909

I moved my Documents from SSD to HDD from the tutorial, but instead of it being moved it duplicated it. I verified that the HDD will be the default for documents but I am not sure if I should delete the documents file on the SSD drive. I also moved the downloads folder and that did move completely without duplicating the folder.

So, my question is should I delete it because it is taking a great deal of space on my SSD drive.

Thanks in advance!

:)

nsomniak6, Sep 4, 2020
  2. AntsKoel Win User

Win10 fresh install problem to SSD (no problem with older HDD)

As I wrote already, I was able to make a fresh install on the original HDD that was factory-installed in the HP desktop.

I installed the SSD as second disk.

I deleted all the partitions from the SSD that appeared during the unsuccessful win10 installations.

I installed free disk cloning software (google and you find several ones) and cloned the HDD to SDD.

After removing the HDD my PC is running win10 from the SDD, case closed.

AntsKoel, Sep 4, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Problem Trying to move Documents from SSD to HDD on Win10 1909

OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Problem Trying to move Documents from SSD to HDD on Win10 1909

1. Problem Trying to move Documents from SSD to HDD on Win10 1909 - Similar Threads - Problem Trying move

2. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  3. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  4. windows moved from hdd to ssd problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows moved from hdd to ssd problem: so i moved my c drive from hdd to ssd but my files are still in the hdd, theres windows 10 on the ssd but it dosent have my files, to access the files i need to go to the hdd is there any way to move the files into the ssd i hope you understand my situation...
  5. Moving win10 from hdd to m2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving win10 from hdd to m2: Hi, I have a laptop and I bought a new Samsung 500GB m2 , I want to move windows from the old hdd to m2 , but I want to keep the hdd too. So how should I do it? Should I move it without formatting? and how ? Or is it better to fromat the hdd and clean install it on m2 ?...
  6. Move data from ssd to hdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move data from ssd to hdd?: I built my pc yesterday, installed everything and my 250gb ssd is already full. How can I move my files from the ssd to the hdd? Thanks a lot! Daten von ssd auf hdd verschieben?
  7. So I'm trying to move the Documents and Pictures folder from my SSD to HDD, and this kept...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I'm trying to move the Documents and Pictures folder from my SSD to HDD, and this kept...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Darrenlake2504 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e4x110/so_im_trying_to_move_the_documents_and_pictures/
  8. Moving from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...
  9. Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back.: I watched a video on how to move items from one hard drive to another and decided to test it out. It worked! I moved my Desktop which had a location of C:\User\Name to D:\User\Name. However, when I tried to move the Desktop back to C:\User\Name, it replaced C:\User\Name with...
  10. Moving Win10 from a failing HDD to a SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from a failing HDD to a SSD: I have a friend whose IDE hard drive is failing. He wants to replace it with a SSD. The cloning process won't work because of the drive (clicking). How can he get his Windows 10 moved?...