Windows 10: problem trying to open start button icon on my computer

Discus and support problem trying to open start button icon on my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can not open start button icon or the date button icon on my computer and contana what is the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jackeew, Apr 24, 2020.

1. jackeew Win User

problem trying to open start button icon on my computer

I can not open start button icon or the date button icon on my computer and contana what is the problem.

:)

jackeew, Apr 24, 2020
  2. snoopy51 Win User

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Apr 24, 2020
  4. bertlo Win User

problem with lost icons and start button

I have been using windows 10 for a few months now and this problem has happened twice now. The computer starts running very slowly and when I click on the start button = nothing happens so there is no way to shut the machine down except to shut it off. Also, I have lost the icons on the bottom of the screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I tried to reload 10 but it got hung up and said it was checking for updates for an hour so I stopped the download.

bertlo, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. problem trying to open start button icon on my computer - Similar Threads - problem trying open

2. Problems with the start button.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with the start button.: Hey there, I'm having an issue with my pc where if i let it idle for more than 10 minutes or so, the start button stops working and if try to restart windows explorer it just crashes entirely. The pc also gets stuck if i try and shut it down or restart it after it's the...
  3. START BUTTON Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON Problem: Hi, about one month ago after last updating my PC's START BUTTON does not work! I did anything the I searched about this problem but I could not fix it and also surprisingly RUN as administrator disappeared. how can I fix it? please help me. Thank you....
  4. problem trying to open start icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem trying to open start icon: I can not open start icon or the date icon on microsoft edge and contana what is the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-trying-to-open-start-icon/87760864-010e-4f44-aafe-3843c7de7adf
  5. problem start button

problem start button: I cant press the windows button on the bottom left and i cant click on the magnifying glass...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-start-button/7814b9ac-ac26-41ff-aaf1-6686855aa31b
  6. Start Button And Hidden icons buttons Gone After trying WindowBlinds10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Button And Hidden icons buttons Gone After trying WindowBlinds10: So yesterday I took and tried a few skins in WindowBlinds10 but I didn't like any of them I Ieft the Windows 7 like one. When uninstalling The app I forgot about the battery was about to run out when I found out it was too late as the laptop shut down I plugged the charger in...
  7. Start Button Icon Locations

Start Button Icon Locations: Where does Windows store the start button icons/assets images? They are in the MSStyles in the themes folder. 79375
  8. problem with lost icons and start button

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with lost icons and start button: I have been using windows 10 for a few months now and this problem has happened twice now. The computer starts running very slowly and when I click on the start button = nothing happens so there is no way to shut the machine down except to shut it off. Also, I have lost the...
  9. Problems with start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with start button: Just taken delivery of a new HP Pavilion x2 detachable 10-n000na and having trouble at times powering up.The power button hardly protrudes from the case and sometimes when I press the button it fails to respond.Is there any sequence for start up that I am failing to use. 27316
  10. Start button and other icons in task bar will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and other icons in task bar will not open: I downloaded Windows 10 several hours ago. Nothing in the lower task bar will open. When I left click on the start button, nothing happen. When I right click, I get a menu but nothing will open. When I click in the "Search" area, no cursor appears. I don't know how to get to...