Windows 10: problem trying to open start icon

Discus and support problem trying to open start icon in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can not open start icon or the date icon on microsoft edge and contana what is the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jackeew, Apr 24, 2020.

1. jackeew Win User

problem trying to open start icon

I can not open start icon or the date icon on microsoft edge and contana what is the problem.

:)

jackeew, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 24, 2020
  3. No Start Menu and Problems with Task Icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• Clicking on the start menu icon (left click) does nothing, Right click brings up a simple function list

You can try these steps:
      • Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell
      • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
      • Close the Powershell window
      • Reboot

• Clicking on the File Explorer icon (task bar) does nothing. Right click does nothing.

• Right clicking on any task bar icon, including open apps, does nothing
    For these issues you can try these steps:

Method 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan and check if it helps.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files: (Windows Logo Key + X and then click on Command Prompt).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

• Several apps (Mozilla Thunderbird, Norton 360 specifically, have not been able to have been updated or re-installed. Norton support, using remote desktop app, gave up after 4+ hours of work today.

For this issue I would suggest you to run the app in compatibility mode

I would request to refer this link

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 24, 2020
  4. problem trying to open start icon

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

problem trying to open start icon

1. problem trying to open start icon - Similar Threads - problem trying open

2. problem with start icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with start icons: for a long, i could pin any folder or app in the start menu, but lately no additional app can be added to the list, i don't know if it's a problem of my device or it's an update from microsoft. please tell me what's wrong?...
  3. problem with start icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with start icons: for a long, i could pin any folder or app in the start menu, but lately no additional app can be added to the list, i don't know if it's a problem of my device or it's an update from microsoft. please tell me what's wrong?...
  4. PC Problem on the Start Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Problem on the Start Icon: Help on All in One HP PC my lower right Window Start does not do anything, I can not type in the Search place......what the problem..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-problem-on-the-start-icon/31e03780-a98b-40ca-9340-690be562b086
  5. Start Menu Icon Problem

Start Menu Icon Problem: Hi. I installed the new version of Windows 10 and this happened to icons' appearance on my start menu and search section. A cross appears on each app and they flash when I hover the mouse pointer on them. I'm experiencing this not only in the start menu but also in lots of...
  6. My Start icon won't open

My Start icon won't open: New Dell Inspiron 15 5000 computer. The start button was working until yesterday, now it won't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-icon-wont-open/3707957e-8214-4c0b-b8cf-8573efa9eded
  7. problem trying to open start button icon on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem trying to open start button icon on my computer: I can not open start button icon or the date button icon on my computer and contana what is the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-trying-to-open-start-button-icon-on-my/87760864-010e-4f44-aafe-3843c7de7adf
  8. Start Menu Icon Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Icon Problem: So I upgraded to Windows 10 and so far everything seems to be working fine however the one problem I've had is a problem with the icons for Google Chrome and Origin on the start menu. The Chrome icon is really over sized compared to what it should be and is on a black...
  9. Problem with the START icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with the START icon: Occasionally the start icon is not working. Nothing happens when I click on it. Looks like the whole taskbar is not working. Anyone can assist me in the matter? 102140
  10. Problems with the Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with the Start Menu not opening: Hi! I've looked through and ran various troubleshooters I was able to find regarding the Start Menu which refuses to open since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Needless to say, none of them worked, so here I am. The problem, however, runs deeper than just the...