Windows 10: Problem Turn on Windows Defender

Discus and support Problem Turn on Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when i start my computer windows defender sayes defender is not switched on click the box to turn on or restart computer , why does it not stay... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DerekJohnson2, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Problem Turn on Windows Defender

when i start my computer windows defender sayes defender is not switched on click the box to turn on or restart computer , why does it not stay switched on when shutting down and when starting ?

[Original Title: Windows defender]

:)

DerekJohnson2, Oct 2, 2018

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Oct 2, 2018
  3. windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Problem Turn on Windows Defender

How to turn on Windows Defender

Original Title: windows defender

I reviewed the posting for turning on windows defender and when I got to step 9 windows defender was not listed and I could not continue.

The actual problem that brought me here today is that when I go to windows defender page everything is grayed out and I can only see but not make any changes to the page. I am not sure if windows defender is running on my machine or not.

7th-Master, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Problem Turn on Windows Defender

1. Problem Turn on Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Problem Turn Defender

2. Problem Turn on Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem Turn on Windows Defender: I can't turn on my windows defender security center in Window Defender at Update and Security. When I click "Turn on windows defender antivirus", it takes a long time to run and the windows of it suddenly appears. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  3. Windows Defender not turning on

Windows Defender not turning on: Recently, i have just found out that I have gotten viruses after installing malwarebytes and running a scan. My malwarebytes free trial has expired and I am looking to switch back to windows defender. When trying to turn on realtime protection, it won't let me. I have tried...
  4. windows defender will not turn on

windows defender will not turn on: windows defender will not turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-will-not-turn-on/340bc7b5-a576-4890-9e8d-eaa1e34a87c5"
  5. Problem Turn on Windows Defender

Problem Turn on Windows Defender: I have tried EVERY possible solution found on the interwebs to get Windows Defender to open and run, with absolutely no luck/ I get the 'you need an app to open warning'. This is the most annoying delema I have run into. BTW, it has NEVER worked even with the initial...
  6. Turn on Windows Defender

Turn on Windows Defender: i cant see the botton to turn on my windows defender.please help me fix it. [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-on-windows-defender/a8c4a89f-07d3-4812-bc4f-6d8a8cb4829f
  7. Problems turning Defender back on. Window 10

Problems turning Defender back on. Window 10: I had to turn off my Defender to enable System Restore. After that had completed I went back to Defender to turn it back on. But whatever I do it's still showing an error. All the replies in Bing say To turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off, select the Windows logo Start...
  8. Problem Turn on Windows Defender

Problem Turn on Windows Defender: when i start my computer windows defender sayes defender is not switched on click the box to turn on or restart computer , why does it not stay switched on when shutting down and when starting ? [Original Title: Windows defender]...
  9. Problem Turn on Windows Defender

Problem Turn on Windows Defender: Split from this thread. cannot turn on my windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/problem-turn-on-windows-defender/ab407004-7fac-4537-b28c-c49c4fd35ae7
  10. defender won't turn on - problem with update?

defender won't turn on - problem with update?: Okay - tried to turn on defender got error code 0x800b0100 Googled that and the Windows update troubleshooter says I have a missing or corrupt file but the only help page I could find was for 8.1, not Windows 10 (which I'm running) so I'm not sure where to go from here. So...