Windows 10: Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

Discus and support Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BlackWolfWT, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley

:)

BlackWolfWT, Jan 23, 2023

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 23, 2023
  3. waspman3 Win User
    Uninstalling Difficult Programs

AVG 8.0 and some other items Id like off my computer.Is there a good uninstaller out there somewhere?Ive tried to uninstall from my control panel and even through Hijack this and no luck?Thought it wouldnt be a problem but is turning out to be a challenge.Any suggestions would be of great help?Thanks!!!

waspman3, Jan 23, 2023
  4. davidhk Win User

Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

The "Control Panel uninstall list" is called Programs and Features. It only lists the programs you, the user, have installed personally.
    The apps that come with Windows 10 are not included in Programs and Features.
    Some of those apps can be uninstalled by right clicking at them > click Uninstall.
    Some you cannot uninstall without special way. If you have some of those, please post back with the names.
    And then there are some you just can NOT uninstall.

davidhk, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

1. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel - Similar Threads - Problem uninstalling program

2. Unable to uninstall the file from the control panel.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall the file from the control panel.: Hello,I am using a program to connect to the vehicle's engine. Due to an error in the program, I need to uninstall and reinstall it. However, I was unable to remove a specific application within the program, as shown in the provided screenshot. I have already tried...
  3. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  4. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  5. uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs: HP support says that I need to uninstall and re-install a utility program called "HP Scan Extended HPscan.exe" in order to fix a problem with that program. So I go to Windows Control Panel Programs and Features, but the uninstall hangs. I try to cancel it but it won't cancel....
  6. Unable to Uninstall an APP from Control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Uninstall an APP from Control panel: Dear Microsoft, I am unable uninstall an app from control panel & showing an error as " the specified module can't be found". Please resolve the issue....
  7. "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh: Here's a video example. Troubleshooting Help: What is your parts list? PCPartPicker Part List Type Item Price CPU Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $471.99 @ Amazon CPU Cooler Corsair H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $179.99 @ Newegg Motherboard Gigabyte...
  8. Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem: Hello.Yesterday, I updated my windows to 1903 version. Everything is up to date.I realise after turning to dark theme this problem. Everything is okay in dark theme even the file explorer, except this. It's very difficult to read the names of the programs. Is there any...
  9. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.: For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel/06f37371-74b3-45a5-9092-8df42687f92f
  10. Windows 10. Problems with uninstalling games from Control Panel.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10. Problems with uninstalling games from Control Panel.: Hey everyone and good evening! As you can see I ran into another problem a couple minutes ago. I want to -completely- get rid of my The Sims games. And so I did, leaving me with all the games installed but they're not on my computer. The whole thing is linked with an app...