Windows 10: Problem uninstalling applications

Discus and support Problem uninstalling applications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I wanted to uninstall a program and I went into the Windows Uninstall or Remove a Program in settings. However, there I saw some old programs that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpongebobNutella, May 15, 2020.

1. Problem uninstalling applications

So I wanted to uninstall a program and I went into the Windows Uninstall or Remove a Program in settings. However, there I saw some old programs that I manually uninstalled, and I can't find any way to remove them. If I click Uninstall I get an error saying it can't find the uninstall.exe. So is there a way to remove them or will they be there forever?

submitted by /u/SpongebobNutella
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpongebobNutella, May 15, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Revo Uninstaller

free version doesn't list 64bit applications, hence totally helpless to remove them, while native windows uninstaller will do that.

only paid version revo uninstaller pro does and also another paid program called your uninstaller.

Drone, May 15, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Problem uninstalling applications :confused:

oli_ramsay, May 15, 2020
  4. Problem uninstalling applications

Uninstalling Problem

Hi Shaarif,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Let me confirm that if the application in installed successfully then you can find the same under Programs and Features in Control Panel. Moreover, it will also give an option to uninstall the application from Programs. You can also crosscheck this application
    under All apps in the Start menu.

Also, suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account and check if you can uninstall the application from that account. To enable built-in Administrator account, follow the steps below:

• Right Click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Accept the UAC prompt if required.
    • Type “net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).
    Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet.

Login to the account and check if the game gets installed.

To disable the built-in Administrator account, follow the steps provided above and in step 3 type the command line provided below:

“net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Problem uninstalling applications

1. Problem uninstalling applications - Similar Threads - Problem uninstalling applications

2. Problems installing and uninstalling Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems installing and uninstalling Applications: I started by having problems installing certain applications in this case 2 games.. checked online some talked about uninstalling all the Microsoft Visual C++ and re download it from Microsoft to possible fix that issue but then another one came out, I couldn't Uninstall any...
  3. Unable to completely uninstall application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to completely uninstall application: I recently downloaded Grammarly for windows but after finding out that it isn't so much so I decided I should uninstall it. After uninstalling the app from the settings I found this: [ATTACH] As you can see after right-clicking any file, it still shows this option in the...
  4. Unable to uninstall application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to uninstall application: When I click Start the Awareness app appears in the list of apps at the top see screenshot 1 but when I right click uninstall I am taken to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features but Awareness does not appear see Capture 1. How can I uninstall this app? When I go to...
  5. Remove an application in "Uninstall an application"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an application in "Uninstall an application": So, I recently got my computer infected with adware. The virus didn't let me access Microsoft Security, so I had to use third-party antivirus software. While it ran on the computer, I deleted the virus file. Unfortunetly, the virus was already spreading to other programs, but...
  6. Unable to remove an application in Settings>Uninstall Application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove an application in Settings>Uninstall Application: I'm trying to remove uTorrent in the list of my installed Applications. As far as i recall i think it was deleted directly in the folder where it was located at the time. Now i'm getting the error below.[ATTACH] Cheers!...
  7. Uninstalling unwanted applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalling unwanted applications: Hello my name is Hugh and I am facing some issues when I uninstalled a program from my Windows 10 desktop. I uninstalled utorrent but I still have the program in my task manager on the startup page. If anyone can help me get rid of it completely then it will be much...
  8. Can't Uninstall An Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Uninstall An Application: Hello, Recently, I installed an application called "Epic Games Launcher". I didn't wanted to install it but had to because I wanted to play a game. Now I have completed all the levels in this game I want to uninstall Epic Games Launcher. Unfortunately whenever I try to...
  9. application keepsgetting uninstalled

in Windows 10 Customization
    application keepsgetting uninstalled: there is an application that keeps getting uninstalled on win10 pro it's Meracki client. It seems to happen during windows update and patching. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-keepsgetting-uninstalled/699d85a4-c283-4598-8f0b-f490b7aa8f3d
  10. uninstall problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall problem: I can not update windows 10 due to error 1900209 I need to uninstall avira anti virus I uninstalled the app but there must be more. Can't find it Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-problem/9539ac44-0a41-440b-bf97-b8ba03bb8987