Windows 10: Problem uninstalling Office with Windows 10

Discus and support Problem uninstalling Office with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using MS Office 365 for about a year. Recently I have got messages both in Word and Excel that the program must be stopped because of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Erik38, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Erik38 Win User

Problem uninstalling Office with Windows 10

I have been using MS Office 365 for about a year. Recently I have got messages both in Word and Excel that the program must be stopped because of a fault. I tried to use the repair button, but without results. I therefor decided to uninstall Office and then reinstall the program.

I tried to uninstall from the control panel in Windows 10. When I pressed the choice for uninstall, nothing seemed to happen. However, when I clicked the file-name, I got a message that I had to wait until the uninstalling was completed – so something seems to happen. But now the process has run for more than twenty-four hours.

I am reluctant to stop the process. What can I do?

:)

Erik38, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Uninstalled Office

Hello Jimmy, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest the following steps which were provided by Microsoft Support:

Go to the Control Panel, Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs) and find the Microsoft Office installation. Click Change (or Repair) and run the repair on the software. If there is no Microsoft Office program listed there then you should reinstall the
    Office product from the original install media

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem uninstalling Office with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem uninstalling Office

2. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot uninstall Office: I attempted to uninstall Office 2016. I went to the uninstall panel, selected the correct program and clicked on uninstall but nothing happened. After a couple more tries with no luck I went to Program Files & Program x86 and deleted everything thinking that would do it....
  3. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall Office: I attempted to uninstall Office 2016. I went to the uninstall panel, selected the correct program and clicked on uninstall but nothing happened. After a couple more tries with no luck I went to Program Files & Program x86 and deleted everything thinking that would do it....
  4. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. problem in uninstallation of a software in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem in uninstallation of a software in windows 10: I've downloaded eset online scanner in my pc from edge browser in windows 10 and now when im trying to uninstall it, it's not being shown in apps and features, how can i uninstall it completely?...
  6. Uninstalling Grammarly problems Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling Grammarly problems Windows 10: Difficulty uninstalling GRAMMARLY. Upon installing the program I noticed windows 10 has slowed down! Using the recommended method to uninstall the program. I still see Grammarly files and it's embedded files throughout C drive and registry including internet explorer, Edge,...
  7. Uninstalling MIcrosoft Office 365 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling MIcrosoft Office 365 for Windows 10: I want to replace Office 32 bit with Office 64 bit on my Windows 10 computer. When I start to uninstall I get the message "to uninstall Office and related information". Does anyone know what the "related information" is and whether any of it should not be deleted? Thank...
  8. uninstall an update for office 2016 professional - excel problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    uninstall an update for office 2016 professional - excel problem: I am running MS Windows 10 Home edition (version 1803 build 17134.1006) on this computer and I have MS Office 2016 Professional installed as well. A few days ago Office did an update and since them my excel workbooks that I have put check boxes in started giving me all sorts...
  9. Can not uninstall microsoft office 2016 in windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can not uninstall microsoft office 2016 in windows 10: Hi, I was here last night to get help with product key, have it , now I can not uninstall the app so I can reinstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-uninstall-microsoft-office-2016-in-windows/c7e3b441-3160-43dc-b791-76497e64843d"
  10. Uninstalled Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled Office: I mistakenly uninstalled Office while uninstalling unnecessary apps. How can i recover my Office suite? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-office/433000f2-735b-499b-9911-ddb72dc698c6