Windows 10: Problem Uninstalling Printer Software

Discus and support Problem Uninstalling Printer Software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to unistall printer software and each time it is failing and showing the following message. I am using an admin level login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by uguay, Jan 22, 2020.

1. uguay Win User

Problem Uninstalling Printer Software

Hi,

I am trying to unistall printer software and each time it is failing and showing the following message.

I am using an admin level login account.

Please advise how I can overcome this and uninstall the software.

Thanks

Problem Uninstalling Printer Software fe1f4e95-b1d5-4503-a77c-860c854d0aa2?upload=true.png

:)

uguay, Jan 22, 2020

2. Win 10 - Uninstall/Print Problems

Hi,

I appreciate for trying the steps to uninstall the printer.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Is the printer connected through wired or wireless?

• When you say “uninstall/remove device from system part just hangs with a green bar that continues blissfully” what exact error message/error code do you receive?

• Are you the admin of the computer?
    Let’s follow the steps below to uninstall the printer.

As an initial steps, I suggest you to try uninstalling the printer application through Programs and Features and check if it helps.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Search Windows for programs and features, then click Programs and Features in the list of results.

• In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, then click Uninstall or Yes.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

• Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Reference: HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Problem Uninstalling Printer Software

Printer Problem

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below suggestion provided and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below information provided.

Method 2.

In certain cases installing updated driver won’t work, so I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the manufacturer website in compatibility mode. Follow the steps:

Step 1.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues and uninstall the
      drive
      r.
    Step 2.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Problem Uninstalling Printer Software

1. Problem Uninstalling Printer Software - Similar Threads - Problem Uninstalling Printer

2. Is there a software problem in Windows 11 with printers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a software problem in Windows 11 with printers?: I have my printer-Canon LBP6000- connected and its driver installed correctly in Windows 11 but when it comes to printing a file, it shows "communication error" which indicates that my printer is off or not connected while it is on and connected. At the same time, when I test...
  3. Is there a software problem in Windows 11 with printers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a software problem in Windows 11 with printers?: I have my printer-Canon LBP6000- connected and its driver installed correctly in Windows 11 but when it comes to printing a file, it shows "communication error" which indicates that my printer is off or not connected while it is on and connected. At the same time, when I test...
  4. To Uninstall Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Uninstall Software: Uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel....
  5. problem in uninstallation of a software in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem in uninstallation of a software in windows 10: I've downloaded eset online scanner in my pc from edge browser in windows 10 and now when im trying to uninstall it, it's not being shown in apps and features, how can i uninstall it completely?...
  6. Problem Uninstalling Printer Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Uninstalling Printer Software: Hi, When Scanning to computer (JPEG Image) my image is being split and apparently the fix is to open the Printer software and change an advanced setting to turn off auto-crop. It's an HP envy 5530 Printer. I can't seem to get into the HP Printer assistant without...
  7. Software uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef
  8. Uninstalling a printer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalling a printer.: I replaced my Epson XP-4100 with an HP printer but when I go into Control Panel, uninstall a Program and CL on uninstall, it won't do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-a-printer/e3471560-ea18-40c0-9cf1-11ed26c59793
  9. Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update...

Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update...: I know this is not a new problem, but it is worth stressing to Microsoft that it still happens, and OUGHT NOT TO. As it happens, I bought a brand new printer last week, an Epson ET-3750, and installed the absolutely most up to date printer drivers (so don't try that one on...
  10. printer uninstall

printer uninstall: I am trying to uninstall a printer from my laptop and it is froze up saying removing device for over an hour now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-uninstall/09c980b0-664e-43ca-a6d8-c5d74e040a4c