Windows 10: Problem updating 2 laptops

Discus and support Problem updating 2 laptops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two older laptops that I have been trying to update to Windows V2004 or 20H2. I had no problems updating my ASUS laptop or desktops to 2004 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gazzav, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Gazzav Win User

Problem updating 2 laptops

I have two older laptops that I have been trying to update to Windows V2004 or 20H2. I had no problems updating my ASUS laptop or desktops to 2004 and 20H2.

The HP Model 15-bwO32AU when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the laptop and restores to 1909. Once restored it gives error code 0xc1900101-ox20017 The installation failed in the Safe_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

The Toshiba Satellite L500 Part No PSLS3A_049002 when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the laptop and restores to 1909. Once restored it gives error code 0xc1900101-0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation.

I have tried every suggested fix from this site, Microsoft site and every other site I can find a suggested fix for problem to no avail. I have tried installing the update in four different ways to do update and have even tried reset on laptops with no success. I have also checked drivers and they are latest drivers supplied by manufacturer.

Does anyone have any other suggestion as both laptops work well and have been well maintained?

:)

Gazzav, Nov 30, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Nov 30, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Problem updating 2 laptops

Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Problem updating 2 laptops :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Problem updating 2 laptops

1. Problem updating 2 laptops - Similar Threads - Problem updating laptops

2. Laptop and 2 monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and 2 monitor problem: I have a laptop and 2 screens but when I go to display settings and identify, it has allocated my laptop as 1 both monitors as 2. Is it possible to make the monitors 1 and 2 and disregard the laptop?...
  3. Laptop and 2 monitor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and 2 monitor problem: I have a laptop and 2 screens but when I go to display settings and identify, it has allocated my laptop as 1 both monitors as 2. Is it possible to make the monitors 1 and 2 and disregard the laptop?...
  4. 2 laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 laptops: Hi I have Asus and HP laptop with the 301 error cant repair is it worth my time to put a new Hd in them also, do they sell refurbished HD, and are they hard to install THANK YOU...
  5. Problem updating 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem updating 2 laptops: I have two older laptops that I have been trying to update to Windows V2004 or 20H2. I had no problems updating my ASUS laptop or desktops to 2004 and 20H2. The HP Model 15-bwO32AU when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the...
  6. 2 laptops

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2 laptops: we each have our own laptops and within the last month our info is being shared with each other no problem but i would like my searches to stay with my laptop and where he searches stays in his laptop any suggestions...
  7. Surface Laptop 2 refuses to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 2 refuses to update: Hi, My surface laptop 2 has been refusing to update for a month now. [ATTACH] I've run the troubleshooter. It detected the issue and it said that it fixed it but nothing changed and I cannot update at all Any help would be appreciated!...
  8. Microsoft Surface Laptop 2: small problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Surface Laptop 2: small problems: My Pin Changes randomly I've always set it to "AABC" (not using actual numbers for privacy) but after only a week or 2 every time I try to go in through pin and it says incorrect pin, I've used Malwarebytes to check for any viruses which I don't have any, this is only a small...
  9. Update problem 2/15/19

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update problem 2/15/19: Ever since update of 2/15/19, my computer is dragging, slow and sometime is locking up. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-problem-21519/e1bc5094-d550-49ba-bc84-cc863a14d32e
  10. January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops: This is not the first dirty update procedure i have experienced with windows 10 Yesterday MS forced down the January Cumulative Upgrade (and build number advance) down the users throats. Heres what happened to me.. (and i have rarely ever seen something like this...