Windows 10: Problem updating 2 laptops

Discus and support Problem updating 2 laptops in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two older laptops that I have been trying to update to Windows V2004 or 20H2. I had no problems updating my ASUS laptop or desktops to 2004 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gazzav, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Gazzav Win User

Problem updating 2 laptops

I have two older laptops that I have been trying to update to Windows V2004 or 20H2. I had no problems updating my ASUS laptop or desktops to 2004 and 20H2.

The HP Model 15-bwO32AU when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the laptop and restores to 1909. Once restored it gives error code 0xc1900101-ox20017 The installation failed in the Safe_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

The Toshiba Satellite L500 Part No PSLS3A_049002 when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the laptop and restores to 1909. Once restored it gives error code 0xc1900101-0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation.

I have tried every suggested fix from this site, Microsoft site and every other site I can find a suggested fix for problem to no avail. I have tried installing the update in four different ways to do update and have even tried reset on laptops with no success. I have also checked drivers and they are latest drivers supplied by manufacturer.

Does anyone have any other suggestion as both laptops work well and have been well maintained?

:)

Gazzav, Dec 3, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Dec 3, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Problem updating 2 laptops

Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Problem updating 2 laptops :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Problem updating 2 laptops

1. Problem updating 2 laptops - Similar Threads - Problem updating laptops

2. Laptop and 2 monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and 2 monitor problem: I have a laptop and 2 screens but when I go to display settings and identify, it has allocated my laptop as 1 both monitors as 2. Is it possible to make the monitors 1 and 2 and disregard the laptop?...
  3. Laptop and 2 monitor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and 2 monitor problem: I have a laptop and 2 screens but when I go to display settings and identify, it has allocated my laptop as 1 both monitors as 2. Is it possible to make the monitors 1 and 2 and disregard the laptop?...
  4. 2 laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 laptops: Hi I have Asus and HP laptop with the 301 error cant repair is it worth my time to put a new Hd in them also, do they sell refurbished HD, and are they hard to install THANK YOU...
  5. Problem updating 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem updating 2 laptops: I have two older laptops that I have been trying to update to Windows V2004 or 20H2. I had no problems updating my ASUS laptop or desktops to 2004 and 20H2. The HP Model 15-bwO32AU when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the...
  6. 2 laptops

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2 laptops: we each have our own laptops and within the last month our info is being shared with each other no problem but i would like my searches to stay with my laptop and where he searches stays in his laptop any suggestions...
  7. Surface Laptop 2 refuses to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 2 refuses to update: Hi, My surface laptop 2 has been refusing to update for a month now. [ATTACH] I've run the troubleshooter. It detected the issue and it said that it fixed it but nothing changed and I cannot update at all Any help would be appreciated!...
  8. Microsoft Surface Laptop 2: small problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Surface Laptop 2: small problems: My Pin Changes randomly I've always set it to "AABC" (not using actual numbers for privacy) but after only a week or 2 every time I try to go in through pin and it says incorrect pin, I've used Malwarebytes to check for any viruses which I don't have any, this is only a small...
  9. Update problem 2/15/19

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update problem 2/15/19: Ever since update of 2/15/19, my computer is dragging, slow and sometime is locking up. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-problem-21519/e1bc5094-d550-49ba-bc84-cc863a14d32e
  10. January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops: This is not the first dirty update procedure i have experienced with windows 10 Yesterday MS forced down the January Cumulative Upgrade (and build number advance) down the users throats. Heres what happened to me.. (and i have rarely ever seen something like this...